Shed of the Year

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Shed of the Year

Post by Richard »

Hi

Anyone seen the first two episodes?

Must say the Category winners so far wouldn't have been my choice but everyone to their own.

Great programme for eccentrics and those with a vision though.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Shed of the Year

Post by Meanqueen »

I saw the first one live on my friends TV, yet to catch up with the second one. They say it's down to a vote by the general public, but I haven't seen anywhere to vote. I suppose you have to go on the web site to do that. I don't think the boat shed should have won, it was very simple. Some of the entries are bordering on small bungalows, I don't think they should be included as sheds. Is there a minimum and maximum size I wonder. My simple door and pallet shed wouldn't have stood a chance.
Ilona
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Yes, the vote is online. I have enjoyed watching the 2 so far but as always, I wonder how some of them qualify as sheds! Having seen them online, there are some corkers coming up!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Richard

Post by Richard »

For me, a Shed is made of Wood !!

I was pleased about the winner last year though. That was a proper Shed :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I loved last year's winner! What vision he had and how well it worked out )like(
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Watched the programme tonight, and was pleased to see Hill Billy Dave in one of the categories. We've seen his outfit when we've rallied with our classic caravan at Ripon. He didn't win though, and we were surprised at the actual winner.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Same here spreckers, I thought, as the boat shed won two weeks ago, he may do so.

I respected all the Budget ones though, more frugally minded and inspirational to what you can achieve without five figures and more numbers.

Richard
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I liked the one that the bloke built out of fire wood for his wife; that was a true gem of a construction. I also liked the pirate bar... +pirate+
Bah Humbug
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We were amazed at the winner! Ah well, there is always next year.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Surprised me as well spreckers.
Although not altogether my taste, the Owl House was better.

Can't beat the 2014 winner though!

I thought the same as spoony. Liked the American design but he didn't build it himself.
I also liked the one on the Trailer simply on the fact it was built from offcuts!

Really nice touch to give that couple a Life Achievement though, completely talented man and seem such a happy couple.

Richard
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Yes, Richard, I thought the Owl House should have won. As caravanners, the mobile "tea room" appealed to us.

The man who was given the Life Achievement Award had some wonderful sheds, such a pleasure to look at them. He could be given a programme all to himself.

If OH didn't have a list of jobs around the house, I think he would be dreaming up a refurb on our very conventional summerhouse! He has already made one or two modifications - replaced half of one side wall with small paned windows ( a beast to clean cobwebs from), extended the side balustrade round to the front, and made a much more attractive fascia board for the roof.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I loved the winner but would have been just as chuffed if the owl house had won. I thought the shed made from destroyed beach huts was amazing - so quirky! One category winner that flummoxed me was the 'mountain' hut - I couldn't pick between 3 of the 4 contenders then the one that I wasn't keen on won :?