T o Kill a Mocking bird

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

T o Kill a Mocking bird

Post by urbanchicks »

Never read it but watched the film with Gregory Peck hope they show it again following all this recent publicity of the latest book.

Maggie
Mad Chick

Re: T o Kill a Mocking bird

Post by Mad Chick »

It's been my favourite book since my English teacher introduced me to it when I was 13, I've lost count of how many times I must have read it - I know I'm on my third paperback copy as the previous two fell apart! I have the film on DVD and often stick it on on a Sunday afternoon... lovely!

My copy of the new one arrived on my Kindle at midnight. I'm desperately trying to stop myself reading it so I can save it for my holiday next week but I'm not sure my willpower is strong enough :oops:
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

My favourite book also - my copy is very battered but I cannot bring myself to replace it! Hubby went into town today and came back with the new book for me - totally unexpected (well, trained!).
I don't think I have seen the film but I am now trying to decide whether to read Mocking Bird again before the new one or whether to dive straight in! :?
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I have never read it (I don't read much), but have seen the film many times and love it.

I may well read the new book, and was only thinking yesterday that I might even get round to reading the original.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I have only recently read the book having made a conscious decision to get around to reading all the books that I always wanted to read but had never got around to… it didn’t disappoint. I will get around to reading the new book at sometime soon I suspect, but I have quite a few lined up in my to read library.
Bah Humbug