Students Results

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Students Results

Post by urbanchicks »

Why all the hype and coverage of this annual event what is so newsworthy ?

Maggie
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: Students Results

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Well, purely from a personal point of view, the fact that our youngest got three A's and two C's at A level inspite of her dyslexia and can now go to University to pursue her chosen career is as good a reason as any.
Also news of youngsters acheiving something positive rather than being demonised all the time makes a welcome change.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Nicely put Dom and big cheers to your daughter! Those young people who have put so much hard work in over the years and have come out the other end with great results are our future. It is relevant to each and every one of us, whether we care or not, whether we are interested or not. Like Dom says, it is also fantastic to hear of young people being praised for a change.

Off topic but, a young lad near to me has decided to make use of his summer holiday by washing cars to raise money for Birmingham Children's Hospital. He charges £10 per vehicle and has set up a donation site online. He has already raised hundreds of pounds, what a star! Again, how nice to see something positive instead of the usual negativity around young people )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I agree Dom. Whilst many think of them in negative terms, I think that young people today have a much harder time than my generation did in so many ways, and to publicise and celebrate their hard earned achievements, no matter how small, is both right and proper.

On a personal note, the youngest of my lovely step grandchildren has had brilliant A level results today. This is despite losing her darling Mum at Easter, after a long illness. I am very proud of both her, and the other two who got top marks at uni too. They are absolutely amazing kids, who had a truly inspirational Mum.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Good for her Dom.

I think it's covered because it's an annual event like many other things.

The size of some Universities is quite staggering. I remember watching that News item and they were speaking to someone from Leicester University - 21,000 Students !!!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

That's fab Dom! Huge congrats to the mini scramble )app( )app( )app(

It's great to hear positive stories about our youngsters )like(
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway