Abz on the Farm (BBC last night)

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Abz on the Farm (BBC last night)

Post by Richard »

I have to say I didn't know whether to laugh or cry !!!

Has he ever been to the Country before ?

All the same, entertaining to say the least.
Wish he'd cut out the street talk though.

Apparently he wanted to call the Series.....'Da Gud Life'.

Just been reading some reviews in the National Press, seems they love it !

I also think the BBC email department will be busy receiving emails from Chicken Keepers over the five dogs and a cockerel bit!

Let's hope he learns quick.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Abz on the Farm (BBC last night)

Post by Spreckly »

Yes, we watched it! I looked him up on Wikipaedia, quite revealing. Looking forward to next week.

I had never heard of Lammass before, so spent some time reading about them also.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yes, I thought what a wonderful place Spreckers.

The poor chap showing them around though - like me, didn't know whether to laugh or cry !!

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Could it all be a bluff?
Thick sounding, incompetant city bloke who knows nothing about the country who could end up creating a rural paradise.
Probably in a better position than most as he will be being paid to appear and have all those TV researchers putting him in contact with all sorts of experts.
Looks like it could be fun but I might have to put my fingers in my ears and go la la la whenever he speaks. :-D
Dom
Ali Woks My World
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

What a pair of numptys {rofwl} is anyone really that clueless?? Quite entertaining though but his voice was driving us mad after about 5 minutes. Really don't think that auctioneer should have sold them that cockerel though as they clearly didn't have a clue yike* Will definately be watching the next two episodes though!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Richard

Post by Richard »

Apparently, one or two Newspapers have said he lived on a Farm once ??

Richard )t'
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I had a look at this, and gave up at the poultry auction. Couldn't stand any more of his daft talk, every second word was 'cool' or 'man', and she was almost as bad. All so childish and boring. Won't be watching any more.
Ilona
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Watched the second episode last night. Mm'm, well, what can I say. Perhaps the first house they "bought" was just for the programme, no-one in their right mind, minus bags of cash would be daft enough to want it, surely? Do hope they are able to keep their horses, though.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

What has happened to part 3 of our hero's endeavours? We have been away, no signal for TV or mobile, and I couldn't find it listed in the TV magazine either.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

OH spotted that the last episode of Abz's endeavours was on the other night. We recorded it and watched it yesterday. Crumbs!! It seemed to end very abruptly, but they did seem to be getting to grips with the mud. I assume they were paid for the programme, and that he has been doing some gigs, etc., to pay for the drainage and other bits and pieces. At least he acquired another watch to replace his Rolex.

It will be interesting to see a follow up programme, though.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I thought it ended up abruptly too >dum< I want to see more now to see how they get on. I must admit he really annoyed me the first episode but they started to grow on me a bit and I hope they do another series to catch up!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

There's a catch up with Abz on Boxing Day showing what he's been up to since the end of the series )like(
Kath xx

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Yay, fantastic! Will definitely be watching that! Thanks Kath )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We both fell asleep watching Abz last night! Not impressed.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Loved it! They've both grown on me as I didn't like them at the beginning either and I know they're completely clueless }hairout{ I was sorry they didnt manage to raise even a bit of money to help them out. I wonder what the next hair brained scheme will be. I hope they do another series )like(
Kath xx