Go set a watchman.........

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Don Roberto
Legendary Laner

Go set a watchman.........

Post by Don Roberto »

Have just read Harper Lee's new novel. Well, this secondary modern boy had to keep a dictionary at hand, quite a few words went straight over my head. However, it was an incredibly thought provoking book, in that it went a long way towards my understanding the reason for the deep racial divide in the American deep south of the early 1960's. It was a thoroughly enjoyable read, although not really a frantic page turner. When you read this book, it show's a completely different side to Atticus Finch and his daughters relationship. It also galvanised me into buying To kill a Mockingbird, which I have just started to read tonight. Go on buy em both, they're well worth reading. Cheers me dears............ )wav(
Treat each new day as if it were your last, because one day you will be right.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Go set a watchman.........

Post by albertajune »

I don't know the book that you recommend but will certainly have a look at it. I like a few certain authors and am inclined to stick to their books which do get a bit samey when you have read a few. Now and again it's good to branch out and read something entirely different so thanks again for recommending it to us. Sounds interesting )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

To Kill A Mocking Bird is my favourite book of all time and hubby bought me Go Set A Watchman but I haven't read it yet...so many books to read, so little time! I am very much looking forward to reading it though, thanks for the )t' Don R.
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

To Kill a Mockingbird is my favourite book too )like(

Absolutely loved Go Set a Watchman although I do feel it is lacking a little something that To Kill a Mockingbird had...
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway