Land of the Midnight Sun

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
saint-spoon

Land of the Midnight Sun

Post by saint-spoon »

I watched Alexander Armstrong’s latest travel documentary last night entitled Land of the Midnight Sun and to be honest I thought that it was far too rushed and a bit rubbish really. I had high expectations having spent a lot of time in the Arctic and sub Arctic regions with the RN (I had my 19th Birthday in Bodo, Norway which is somewhere that Alexander went.) Anyway I am not sure if anyone else watched this programme but it seemed to be made to an American format where they only spent around five minutes on any one subject and then repeated nearly everything that they had done after each and every commercial break. There were some good bits but I would like to have seen fewer subjects and more time spent on each one. Loads of potential, not very well executed IMO.
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Land of the Midnight Sun

Post by Richard »

I've recorded it so will pass comment later.

I agree with you about the repeat storyline after every commercial break, they do it on almost all things now, even the BBC have little stop starts of similar nature because they know they'll be selling it on to one of the many hundreds of commercial stations.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I didn't watch it, although I saw it was on. I also hate the 'catch up' bits after breaks, and often record a programme just so I can flick through those bits. }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We didn't watch it, and I did wonder if it would have been worth it.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Last night was a bit better but it still had the catch up bits and he still didn't spend enough time on any one subject although for the dog lovers there was some serious Husky action going on... and I mean serious Husky action.
Bah Humbug