Does anyone go to the Cinema (the Flicks for us Seniors)

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Does anyone go to the Cinema (the Flicks for us Seniors)

Post by Richard »

I've been once in the last 7 / 8 years.

I went with family to watch 'The Avengers'. Not the TV one, the movie about Super Heroes.

It was in 3D and seating where it vibrates with sound. All action, loads of slam bangs and big music.

I dozed off !!!

I haven't purposely gone to see a Film for about 7 or 8 years, just wait for them to turn up on telly !
In fact I forget what film it was I went to see !

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Does anyone go to the Cinema (the Flicks for us Seniors)

Post by mrs boodles »

I do enjoy going to cinema, haven't been for few months as nothing we wanted to see but two films out in November that we will go to. Cinema here what they call screening rooms so not that many seats and they are really comfortable. Bit pricier but worth it.

Did you go to Saturday morning pictures Richard,
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Did I just, oh yes, Famous Five and Cowboys !!

Then, in the early years of the Band (or Group as they were known then) I was in we used to play at Saturday Morning Pictures. For payment we used to be advertised in the local rag and allowed to watch any film for free.
I think from about 1967 - 1969.

Gosh that sprung some memories up, the girls used to scream at us (because they liked us I should add :-D ).

I reckon since I got married in 1970 I've not been to the Flicks more than a dozen times.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

I rarely used go to the cinema.
We had just started to take advantage of the pensioner rates. Also orange had an off on Wednesdays'.
But then the accident and I haven't been since.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Went to see 2nd Marigold Hotel the sound was so loud almost damaging to the hearing,why does the showings have to be so loud? Spoilt the film for me .Don't go very often once a year maybe, wait for them to come on TV on .
Maggie
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I used to go every sunday and tuesday without fail, didn't matter what was on! Now it is thursdays but cinema pals have gotten fussy as it is now so expensive. Used to go 3 or 4 days when the old cinemas were still open as they used to have special nights showing old black and white films. Still cant beat seeing a special effects seen in the cinema although most of our neighbours have such huge screens on their tvs I can watch from my window!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Post by nicklincs »

Have not been for years,seems to be quite exspensive now. Although i do keep meaning to try kinema in the woods in woodhall spa.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Not been since the Titanic blockbuster. I'm glad that some of you have commented on the excessive volume of current productions, definitely will not be going to spend money to be nearly deafened.

When I was in my first job, my girlfriend and I were Dirk Bogarde fans, and after work, we took our sandwiches to the cinema to watch his films, swooning during the showing, and staying on for the second house.

)ot: I am waiting for the TV Miss Rose White to be repeated. I taped the last half, and the DVD recorder packed up, so I missed it, and it is not available on Am....on or ebay.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

The last time I went was to see King kong Versus Godzilla (I think) in Vlissingen in Holland. I went with a Romanian work colleague who insisted on that film because it was in 3D. It was quite funny watching a film with Dutch subtitles especially when the monsters roared and the subtitles spelled out GRRRRR. I didn’t think much of the film.
Bah Humbug
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Anyone remember the usherettes with their torches to show you to your seat and the ice cream lady who stood at the bottom end of cinema screen during the interval. You could also go in when film started.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Mrs B thats probably because there were always two feature lenght films then. What made me laugh was when we went to a late night horror it was nearly always accompanied by a p**n film too! My mum was an usherette when she was courting. My dad had to go to the cinema every night just to actually 'court her'.
Have to say I will definetely be going to see the new Star Wars film at the cinema
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
nicklincs
Lively Laner

Post by nicklincs »

Not often, and i don't enjoy the modern cinemas. However went last week to see the lady in the van, at the kinema in the woods at Woodhall Spa. Was a brilliant film and the kinema is quite old fashioned, had big curtains and an old piano in front of the screen. Was a lovely atmosphere there and only 92 seats so quite cosy.