The Apprentice

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: The Apprentice

Post by jemberelli »

I'll jus keep away from the thread until I have caught up in future then, real life or not sometimes the element of surprise beats knowing in advance.
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I thought last weeks was a bit daft too! It was like they were just being set up to fail, I had a bad feeling about it as soon as I saw what the challenge was. I'm not sure if it's going off the boil a bit!
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

*******jem don't read this*******

When you think about it, AS is not going to give £250 grand to a business plan he doesn't think is a good bet, nor is he going to work with someone he doesn't like. Not that he will be giving his time to a new business anyway, his team will do all the work.

It's looking like Selina didn't win then, she is spilling the beans about it being fixed. After my little forays into the tv programme making business, I reckon everything is fixed. When it comes to editing, most of it ends up on the cutting room floor. That's why I don't take any of it too seriously.
Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Selina is out yike* Can't wait for tomorrows but as I'm a celeb is on 90 minutes now will have to tape it!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Take a look on the beeb iplayer for The Apprentice…ish its 2 minutes of the estate agent task with subtitles for their thought, it's hysterical
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Down to the last five now, I still can't pick the winner. It was interesting to see what their lives were like growing up, and what they are doing now. They all have talents in some areas, though you wouldn't think it the way they have performed. Next week are the interviews where they get ripped to shreds. I actually feel sorry for them having to go through it. Claude no doubt, will not hold back.
Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am routing for Gary, seems a nice normal chap, yet to see the show about the 5 of them

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

I have to say, none of them really stand out. Having said that, they rarely do! Tom, the chap who won a few years ago who did the nail clippers, was quiet and unassuming but won and has gone on to actually have a visible presence (if you browse the nail clippers/files in a supermarket!). I liked him - he wasn't brash,a show-off or an idiot! (Not 100% sure I got his name right!).

Will probably watch the background to the 5 over the weekend once hubby is home. I am looking forward to watching the interviews even though I usually cringe all the way through! They know what they are putting themselves up for when they apply so they have no excuse for the rubbish they often put in their business plan and on their cv! Car crash tele!
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

So, it's all over. I've read about it but not seen the last programme, will take a look at my leisure. I'm pleased he chose a traditional business, over an internet based one.
Ilona
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Me too - let's face it, there will always be money in his chosen business! I also preferred the hard-working, committed, down-to-earth winner who seemed to have a real passion for it over the, I thought, too pushy runner up!
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

Yes, great result, he can and should be so proud of himself.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Watched the final last night, made me late to bed, ha ha. Joseph is a smashing chap, I hope it all goes well for him. They both did a great job of their presentations, and it was nice to see the losers back to help them.
Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

So glad Joseph won )t'