War and Peace

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

War and Peace

Post by KathJ »

Is anyone watching this? I saw the first episode which I found quite hard going and keep putting off watching any more although I have it recorded. Does it get any better?
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Mad Chick

Re: War and Peace

Post by Mad Chick »

I've quite enjoyed it so far. I do think it picked up in the second episode but must admit I'm having to concentrate when watching as I keep getting the names mixed up :oops:
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It's all these people with surnames ending in 'ov' that gets you confused :-D

I'm enjoying it, seeing the thickness of the book, it always put me off !!

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I wont be watching it because its not my thing though I love Woody Allen's film take off in the 70s. I did read about the horses though, very interesting. A white horse that dies was two horses, one to do the charging about and the other to lie down looking sad. The owner of the stunt horses said most of the actors were terrible riders except one (the one in Cilla I think) have a look in the Mail article very interesting.
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/