Paul Daniels...so sad

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Grannyof4
Legendary Laner

Paul Daniels...so sad

Post by Grannyof4 »

He has been diagnosed with an incurable brain tumour. One of life's good old fashioned magicians and presenter.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Paul Daniels...so sad

Post by fabindia »

I actually met him before he was famous and on the telly. At the time, he was doing clubs and corporate functions. He did his turn and then had a drink with a few guys at the bar and showed us a few other tricks.

I know he has taken a bit of stick over the years, but he is a born entertainer and a nice guy.
Michael
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

What a shame, I could never understand why he was made of fun of later in his career. He is an excellent magician and I used to love the easy way he had with the contestants on Every Second Counts
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I was one of four coach drivers who were ferrying a large group of Americans around in four coaches, as guests of JCB at Rocester, in the early eighties. They had organised a lavish dinner and entertainment in a massive marquee at Locko Hall in Derbyshire , and we had to pick the guests up from their hotels near Nottingham and take them to the 'do'.

While the meal was going on we the drivers were invited into the catering area to also have a meal, and who should join us but Paul Daniels. He was on top form, laughing and joking with us. He brought out a pack of cards and expertly flipped them around to show us some tricks. I was sat a few feet away from him and watched closely to discover how he did them. I was mesmerized, his hands were so fast moving I could not tell how he did it.

After the meal he went on to entertain the Americans. A true entertainer. I hope he is comfortable in the time he has left.

Ilona
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

In the papers this morning, Paul has passed away. Rest in Peace Paul, you were a great entertainer.
Ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

aw, I used to like his magic show in the 80s. RIP Paul
wendy

Post by wendy »

RIP
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

There seems to have been so many famous people passed away in the last few months {cry}
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Very sad.

I have a story about Paul Daniels, it was when I was single between my two marriages.

My brother worked for Robert Stigwood; Prince of Wales and Prince Edward Theatres so I got any amount of freebies to Shows etc.

I took a young lady to watch the Paul Daniels Show at the Prince of Wales.

About 7 weeks later, I asked another young lady if she would like to go and see a London Show. She said yes, the Paul Daniels Show.
I didn't say I'd already seen it (the devil I am !!!).

Anyways, it seems my Brother did a good wind up.

The show started and on came Paul with his usual little messages to people there who had birthdays etc. then suddenly came out with "Is there a Richard Cannon here tonight?".

I put my hand up and he continued with "Ah, haven't I seen you before, weren't you sitting in the fourth row back about 4 weeks ago with our wife" then muttered something like "Oh dear".

Luckily the joke went down well - the relationship didn't last long though.
None of them did - don't know why !!!

So, a nice memory of him.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Good story Richard, and funny joke.
Ilona