Dr. Thorne

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
sandy
Legendary Laner

Dr. Thorne

Post by sandy »

Just finished seeing this, oh my goodness I feel like I have just eaten a box of gooey chocolates {rofwl}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Re: Dr. Thorne

Post by bmpsands »

I didn't think it was one of the better adaptations. I love all the books and so stuck with the programme - but the casting was pretty dire I thought. It wasn't even particularly pretty to look at. The properties were lovely but the frocks were mostly hideous. Ah well.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Re: Dr. Thorne

Post by KathJ »

I watched the first episode and gave up. Considering it was adapted by Julian Fellowes I expected a better script. It just had a very childlike quality about it, not sure whether it was supposed to serious or tongue in cheek >dum<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx