Lonnie Donegan and me

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Lonnie Donegan and me

Post by Spreckly »

Think that is the correct title of the programme aired late on Sunday in ITV. OH recorded it and I watched it yesterday. Though not a Lonnie D fan, I am a fan of Jim Carter, who presented the programme, interviewing several people in the music industry, including Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.

My best friend at school was in Lonnie's fan club, and attended a meeting in Hull, where she met her idol. I wonder if she watched it, must ask her.

It was a trip down memory lane for OH and myself.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Lonnie Donegan and me

Post by sandy »

Just seen it, really interesting )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Glad you enjoyed the programme spreckers, takes you back.

Jim Carter is quite a knowledge of 1950's / 1960's rock and roll, seem to remember he was on a Quiz about it once?

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Don't know about Jim Carter's winning a music quiz, but I love his voice and will watch anything he is in.
bmpsands
Legendary Laner

Post by bmpsands »

My only memory of enjoying a pantomime was going to either York or Leeds to see LD as buttons. I was old enough to realise the chemistry that existed between LD and the woman playing Cinders. Some months later it was reported that he had left his partner and was going to marry Cinderella. He was amazing as I remember, in the Panto. A bit like Jerry Lewis playing the cool version of himself in some film where he played his usual idiot self and his own double.
Bea; 19 hens (most of whom I intended to get); 6 bantams (which I never intended to have); old Benji dog and young Toby dog (who I definitely wanted). Three years into country living and loving it.