Sewing bee

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
p.penn

Sewing bee

Post by p.penn »

I am really so disappointed that there won't be a new series of the sewing bee this year }hairout{ It is such a great programme and so inspiring- I bought my first electric sewing machine and a serger recently, having returned to dressmaking (on my vintage hand singer) after the last series. I also have 3 of the sewing bee books, which again are wonderful in keeping my interest up.

I believe it's made by the same company as the bake off, so perhaps there were issues there. I know the viewing figures were massive, so it doesn't seem right. One of the very few things I ever watch on BBC. }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Sewing bee

Post by albertajune »

I didn't know it was not on this year and was in fact wondering when it is due to start again. So dissappointing!!

I wonder why the so called 'powers to be' made that decision. Like you Helen, I have decided to make some of my own clothes again, mainly because I don't like what is sold. I always made my own clothes in the past, everything from dresses to suits. Also made for Roy and the children.

It will be nice to see what you make )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I made a couple of dresses last summer, they were wearable, but not wild about them. I also mad pj bottoms and that £&!*%# bra!!

I have about 6 brand new patterns waiting to be made here, and just to worried about fit to start! I keep changing size - have put on a stone this winter (1.5 stone in a year!) and need to lose most of that. I'm going to make a toile out of an old tablecloth first, as I really need to dive in! A couple of 1950s patterns, which I love.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Forget about the figure hugging dresses Helen and start with something nice and comfortable. :-D
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes, I have a couple of easy fit ones too:

Helen xx

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

They look good for a start at dressmaking again. You are such a determined lady with your projects, so I expect that in the near future a photo will show us your first make. Wish I had your dicipline.
Good luck Helen x
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I don't think anyone has ever called me disciplined before {rofwl} {rofwl}
Helen xx

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

{rofwl} {hug}
p.penn wrote:I don't think anyone has ever called me disciplined before {rofwl} {rofwl}

)t' {hug}