Fed up with repeats

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Fed up with repeats

Post by albertajune »

I am not a day time TV watcher but do like to settle down in the evening. At the moment so much sport, some of which I watch but I am selective. Other than that mostly repeats, many have even been repeated before.
I do see that Masterchef and Come Dancing will be back soon, both celebrity ones. Hopefully the celebs will be ones that we have heard of as the word celebrity has changed somewhat.

Fed up with the TV but like it for company so watch and moan }hairout{
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Fed up with repeats

Post by Gwenoakes »

I know exactly what you mean, June. Not only are things repeated they are repeated on several different channels all on the same day!! }hairout{
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Never mind Gwen. The winter will hopefully bring more new programs. The trouble is that there are many people like myself who because of dissabilities don't get out much. I put on the TV for company, just some days to see another face.
I am buying many more books and play music but still turn on the TV for chatter. The producers probably think that in the summer everyone wants to watch sport so don't make the programs. How wrong!
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Totally agree, TV repeats are all too frequent. As for the celebrities - I do the cheapest TV magazine crossword each week, and the two photos of "celebrities" frequently have me baffled, as do the clues for the programmes.

Don't watch sport, apart from the Wimbledon finals and the odd bit of racing and show jumping. I rely on our mobile library, soon to cease in our village, and books I have had for years and still read over and over again.

Still mourning Poldark!
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I have the tv on most of the time when I'm at home too even though I might be doing other things - a radio for breaking the silence isn't quite the same. And yes, the repeats and the amount of sport during summer is over the top - I'm definitely not a fan. I paid for a movies package a few years ago as it was cheaper than buying DVDs, and although there are some new and decent ones, they get shown again and again and again, then the trend is to circuit all the movie channels (first as a premiere, then as horror, then as action, then as popular / hit, then as family ... }hairout{ )
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Know what you mean and it's very prominent in some of the Sky Extra Channels.

The History Channel sometimes is all over the place. One of the programmes on it which I do rather enjoy because of my liking to old advertising boards and 1920's - 1950s stuff is American Pickers.
It' can be on 3 times a day all week and goes from series 4 episode 8 to series 1 episode 4 then series 6 episode 10, so you never know if you've watched it or not.

Box Sets are often a good way of watching stuff.

Yes, I do pay for Sky, one of the things I bowed to although I think they're money grabbing crooks !!
It was to get Sky Sports though as I do enjoy watching live football (as long as my Team is winning!!).

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome