Shed of the Year is back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Shed of the Year is back

Post by Meanqueen »

Shed of the Year is back on the telly again, four programmes starting on Sunday 20th at 7pm on Channel 4. Blimey, is it a year since I was last on telly? Time flies.

New porch added for Open Gardens in June.

Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Shed of the Year is back

Post by Richard »

That's good news. I hope they don't go too far off 'sheds', some can be more Garage than shed.

Yours is looking good Ilona. Great stuff.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Richard

Post by Richard »

I enjoyed this weeks episode, especially the 'Unexpected' category.

Although, maybe, the Hedgehog Hospital wasn't up there in design and oddity (loads of Pet Carrying baskets stacked up), it was great to see the Humble Shed used in such a manner.

Hopefully some kind sole will have seen it and donated a larger one for the kind lady.

Not so much what the shed looked like, but what it was used for.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I thought they were all good this week, Richard, the standard is very high, some people are very dedicated. The man with the restored railway carriage has done an amazing job, it ought to be in a museum. It reminds me of those in the Railway Museum in York. Have you been there Richard? It's fantastic, and free to get in.

I like the hedgehog lady. There is a shed like that at our local hedgehog rescue place, a few miles away from here.

I liked the cathedral, and the whiskey shed. They said on Twitter that it's not going to be on next Sunday because of football.

Ilona
Richard

Post by Richard »

I agree, they were all good.
I think the Hedgehog probably pulled in more votes because people like them and seeing someone who's helping them so much.

The Railway carraige would sail it if there was a restoration competition !

I haven't been to York ever! Yorkshire is on my list )t'

Richard
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

It all depends on how much the sheddies push their link to vote for them. I plugged mine for two weeks solid, telling everyone I knew, over and over again. Some of the votes must come from people who just drop by to have a look as well. I bet the whole of the national fire service voted for that one. It was very good, a deserved winner.

Ilona