Fair Isle: Living on the Edge

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Fair Isle: Living on the Edge

Post by Spreckly »

I watched the second part of the above programme on Wednesday I put the first part up on iplayer. What an amazing life the islanders live! It reminded me of a much bleaker Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides where we stayed years ago with one of my sons who was stationed there in the RAF.

Anyone else see it? I think it must have been on a BBC channel some time ago, which I missed.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Fair Isle: Living on the Edge

Post by Richard »

I watched it first time around and found it absolutely fascinating; the way everyone has their own duties, they all muck in and especially the fact that not anyone can live there which would bring in maybe the wrong types for the wrong reasons.

The American chappie was featured in one of the Ben Fogle programmes and again it showed not only the challenges but the fulfilment the Islanders have.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I enjoyed watching it, to be honest i watch more BBC 4 than any other channel these days, nothing much on the main ones of interest except perhaps BBC 2 which does some good documentary stuff.
Bah Humbug
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I saw some of it the first time - saw my baa-ble hat on it!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

I saw it the first time round & was very impressed! Scenery stunning! It's on the bucket list to go to!