Annoyance - audience racket !!

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Annoyance - audience racket !!

Post by Richard »

I don't watch X-Factor but have happened to see a snippit when zapping around.

I watch the Voice because I think the concept is good, but only in the 'blind auditions' where the Judges can't see the Contestants.
The New York Philharmonic do that, all applicants play behind a curtain so there's no discrimination or favour on gender, colour, age and creed.

What annoys me though is the audience clapping and cheering when a song suddenly speeds up or they hit a high note, then the constant shouting at who the judges should vote for.
Blimey they're singers and it's a song, you can't hear it half the time for the racket.

There again, take that away and no one would watch it.

Annoys me !

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: Annoyance - audience racket !!

Post by Gwenoakes »

It does not bother me, Richard, not that I watch the V, cannot stand T J*nes and never have.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

It’s one of the few programmes that I can’t watch! There is clearly a lot of talent, but the ‘celebs’ are so smug and cringy!

I must admit hat I think Tom Jones has the most amazing voice, and he has got even better with age. I have an album of him with Jules Holland, and it’s fabulous!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

The over the top audience racket really spoils my viewing. I remember that years ago when I went to a live show, people walked among the audience with boards telling us to applaud and cheer. When watching anything with an audience I sit with remote on my lap to turn the sound down.
As far as the voice goes, I think the judges are over acting which annoys me intensely, especially when someone is singing. The only one who is there for the actual singers and not their own hype is Tom Jones.
Tom is still great singer and not lost anything with age. Oh and Helen, I also have the CD of him with Jools Holland. Great )t'
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I don't watch talent programmes, except for snippets on yoootooob when there is someone good on. All racket annoys me. I stick it out at Crafty Club when they are all jabbering away at the same time. I have thought about leaving because of the noise.

Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Every one to their taste, viva difference.

I also think that Tom Jones is a living legend with an incredible voice.

I'd like to be a Judge, none of this 'I already have.....' etc.

I'd just say, Rubbish, get off.

Richard :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome