my read at moment

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

my read at moment

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi all , I am currently reading , Geology for dummies . I was doing well till they said the world was round , I might be a dummy but even I know the world is flat and you fall off at the ends.
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: my read at moment

Post by KarenE »

The world is flat Bob but it's carried on the back of 4 elephants who themselves stand on the back if a giant turtle. So if you fall off, you'll probably land on something :-D
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

KarenE wrote:The world is flat Bob but it's carried on the back of 4 elephants who themselves stand on the back if a giant turtle. So if you fall off, you'll probably land on something :-D

Yes indeed - and if you build too big a pyramid VERY strange things happen.
I'm just re-reading Terry Pratchett's Pyramids after hearing a talk while driving home from dancing last Friday - someone come to London as a child from Nigeria(?) and said it was his introduction to life in Britain. Ank-Mopork = London ?? He said, but I'd never guessed (though everyone recognises Dibler - who doesn't actually appear in Pyramids)
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Sadly there is an untruth inside the cover. " T..P.. was born in 1948 and is not dead yet"

He did write a lot in his life, though.
I think my favourite is the children's series "Trucker's".
Like Disc World, it has some interesting ideas about Religion, Priests and Leaders. oh, and Women.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire