Back In time For the Factory!

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Back In time For the Factory!

Post by KathJ »

Has anyone else watched this series? I've really enjoyed it and it was such an eye opener. I know women have had equality struggles over the years but I don't think I appreciated just how difficult it was and how bosses manipulated the rules to avoid paying them what they were worth. I started work in 1982 so saw first hand some of the sexism but I think it was just taken as 'that's how things were'. I think its only looking back you can see how 'wrong' things were :? It was interesting to see how the young girls were horrified by what were called 'girlie' calendars and page 3 girls.
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: Back In time For the Factory!

Post by albertajune »

I never watched it but my sister did. She worked in a dressmaking factory on leaving school and really enjoyed the first two in the series and could relate to what was happening. After those she was disappointed as she felt it was nothing like the factory that she worked in and lots of assumptions were being made. Glad you enjoyed it though.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.