Escape to the Chateau DIY

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Escape to the Chateau DIY

Post by Spreckly »

Everything stops for me when Escape to the Chateau comes on. I am loving this series, but I have a query about the one aired yesterday, Friday 22nd.

The couple renovating Chateau Lucheaux (unsure of spelling), which they have recently acquired for a million pounds, appeared to part company in the Friday episode. Stefan, the co-owner was continuing with the work, and Nicole, was moving on to another job somewhere.

I thought they were a couple, anyone put me right, or did I misunderstand?
p.penn

Re: Escape to the Chateau DIY

Post by p.penn »

I do watch it, but only half watch really so wouldn’t know. Some of the places are amazing, aren’t they?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I love this and watch it every week. I am sure they are a couple, Spreckly, and believe that Nicole is the one to go out and earn money so they can carry on restoring. If memory serves me I think she went off for 12 weeks and then is staying over as she was offered more work which she could not refuse.
This couple have a sausage dog just to clarify which couple I am talking about.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I love this series too (who knew there were so many Brits in France owning a Chateau .ang. ). Unfortunately I'm a week or so behind so can't help with your query at the moment .ang.
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks for your reply Gwen, yes it is the couple with the sausage dog.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Just caught up with this series finally!! Think there's been a mix up with which couples you were talking about. The ones with the sausage dog where he is an artist and she's a film producer, she went away for a few weeks work and then extended the trip while he carried on renovating (he was doing all those mirrors he made to look old). The other couple Stefan and Nicole (he's Belgian and always working in really smart clothes yike* ) and they'd just bought a second Chateau which they were making into apartments. We were a bit confused too as they did seem to split at the end and we thought they were a couple too but obviously not. She was the interior designer and didn't seem to happy that it was taking so long so left to do another project. Maybe if there's another series she'll re-appear .ang.
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Yes, it was the second couple I was meaning.