Channel 5, Paul Merton and his wife, Suki Webster, Motorhome journeysl

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Channel 5, Paul Merton and his wife, Suki Webster, Motorhome journeysl

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry, pea brain cannot remember the title to this programme on Friday nights at 8pm. As a long term camper and caravanner, and a fan of Paul Merton, I have now watched two episodes.

The campervan is mega luxurious, and I understand is hired by the couple. They have also given one or two camping hacks, one which I wound would have been useful for us in past years.

How I miss our classic vans! How I miss the many friends we made during rallies over the years, but they are good memories, and some friends do still keep in touch.

For anyone with a love of the outdoors, I recommend this series.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Channel 5, Paul Merton and his wife, Suki Webster, Motorhome journeysl

Post by lancashire lass »

Motorhoming with Merton and Webster

Although I enjoyed my camping holidays, erecting the tent / taking it down as well as emptying the car (and packing up at the end of the stay) really was a pain. I remember spending a good couple of hours putting the tent up at one of the camping and caravanning sites (to be fair, it was meant to be a 2-man job), and just as I was finished and sitting down on my camping chair with a lovely cold drink, along came a motorhome (a small one) and after the man parked it, he jumped out and erected the awning by the side door and sat down in a chair with a drink .... envy}}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Re: Channel 5, Paul Merton and his wife, Suki Webster, Motorhome journeysl

Post by Spreckly »

We camped when the boys were young, and as they grew older, they were a massive help in putting up the frame etc. We graduated to an aged, tatty caravan when the oldest left home. It was luxury once we had restored the inside. Years later, Ted and I had caravans, but it took us the best part of an hour to set up, empty the car, etc. We gave up on awnings eventually, just used a canopy cut from an old awning roof, and Ted made the poles.

I do so miss those days.