CD/DVD Spindles

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Tania
Lively Laner

CD/DVD Spindles

Post by Tania »

In the best tradition of a child raised on Blue Peter I'm always reluctant to throw out packaging. Today we finished a Spindle that held 100 blank CDs. My brain slowly turned and I thought "Hey, that looks like a hen feeder/drinker!". I'm wondering if I cut 2 semi circles out from the bottom of the "dome", where it clips into the base, and stood it in a dish, whether it would work as a water or food holder?

No time to try it out today, but I will tomorrow and report back.
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Sounds good to me.

Hanging them in the garden is supposed to keep birds off your veggie patch. But haven't I read somewhere that some birds are attracted by metallic objects (like pigeons and seagulls with cars?).

Look forward to a photo Tania ! )cof(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

Hanging cd's in trees may well work, but its so anoying for anyone living within sight of the tree... Our neighbour did it for the first two years we lived here and believe me nothing is as anoying as trying to enjoy your garden with constant 'flashes' in your eyes off the flaming cd's.. It realy dictated where I could sit in our garden.. )gr:
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

No, we've got a better use for the CDs - usually putting music on, though a fair percentage end up as coasters.
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

CD/DVD Spindles

Post by AnnaB »

We use Cd's in the garden to keep the birds off the crops and it works (good job we don't have neighbours Wendy....) I got loads of them when everyone was trying to get you to use their internet and we re-use them yearly.
I hope everyone saves the corks from their wine bottles, drills a hole in one end of it to attach to garden canes - better than blinding yourself.