Lotions and Potions

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
OldForum
Lively Laner

Lotions and Potions

Post by OldForum »

AnnaB
Have just started getting into mixing my own creams and lotions due to allergies. What a saver and I know what's gone into them. Went into Boots today and purchased some amber glass jars for 38p each to put my stuff in. Had a surf around the web and found on a popular auction site they are nearly �1.50p each plus postage and half the size. I spent but saved?

Chickpea
I love making my own toiletries. I make soap and bath bombs, solid massage bars and oil blends, bath granules, bath salts, hand and body lotions, face masks, body scrubs, anything like that. I love it.

In fact I've just had an article about soapmaking published on the selfsufficientish.com website. It's here:

http://www.selfsufficientish.com/soapmaking.htm

Jill
Me too!
I get a real kick out of making my own stuff. I have 3 batches of soap curing at the moment - goats' milk, honey and oatmeal (smells like digestive biscuits!) and lemongrass. I now have friends who won't use anything else, and a friend/colleague whose excema has responded very well to the oatmeal. I can't sell them as they are not certified although I once flogged alot at a bootsale before I found out I needed to jump through legal hoops to sell them. Oddly, I sold the whole lot to men, not one woman.
I've never had any luck with using Pura, Chickpea, but I shall try your recipe on selfsufficientish and let you know how it turns out.
Let us know Anna how all your creations turn out - it can quickly become addictive.