Your best 'freebie finds' of the Month - November '10

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
perchy

Re: Your best 'freebie finds' of the Month - November '10

Post by perchy »

Mo wrote:
perchy wrote: I got the 4 by 2 and 2 by 4 wood,

Whats the difference?
Is it like the Irishmans nails that had the heads on the wrong end?

I don't know +confused+ am sure thats what Mr Perchy said, but then i don't listen to him much {rofwl}

May have been 2 by 1 {rofwl}
GrahamNR17
Lively Laner

Post by GrahamNR17 »

My best find is a pair of 16" wheels off a kids bike, just what I need to finish building the bike trailer )grin2(

The other wasn't a find, but a gift. A 2001 Citroen Berlingo van with a knackered engine. But it's nearly running with a donor engine from a crashed car version, just got to make some new fuel pipes and get someone more knowledgeable than me to "prime" (whatever that means!) the fuel pump and show me how to bleed the brakes after fitting two new wheel cylinders which were starting to weep a little. And it had an MoT the week before the engine went bang )c( and still has five months tax on it )c( I'm pretty made up, I've always thought a van is the most useful tool to have when living a skin-flint - I mean frugal sile} - existence )grin2(
They said "Smile, things could be worse."
So I smiled.................and things got worse.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Not sure mine counts but off for a girlie weekend on vouchers , every little helps!

I'm also coordinating the school Christmas fair, so far I've had 2 carriers of toys 2 carriers of books photo canvass vouchers, vouchers for meals, wine, choclates and even chicken!!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I didn't find it, I was given it, litter picking has it's advantages. I went to a bit of a 'do' last night, all free, at the council offices. I got a framed certificate, and a help yourself buffet and drinks. I took two friends with me and they got the free food as well. There was some left over so everyone wrapped it up in napkins and took it home, I have just eaten it for my lunch. )eat( )t'
Ilona
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Well, I can't really believe it, and I'm definitely not complaining, but today I have had a letter from my hairdresser telling me I have won a raffle (Raffle? What raffle?) for a free cut and style worth up to £56. So I am going next week. )c( )c( )c(

When I saw the envelope, I thought it was the tickets to the food fair I won last week. {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

p.penn wrote:Well, I can't really believe it, and I'm definitely not complaining, but today I have had a letter from my hairdresser telling me I have won a raffle (Raffle? What raffle?) for a free cut and style worth up to £56. So I am going next week. )c( )c( )c(

When I saw the envelope, I thought it was the tickets to the food fair I won last week. {rofwl}

6 Numbers tonight Helen, comes in three's {hug}
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

p.penn wrote:Well, I can't really believe it, and I'm definitely not complaining, but today I have had a letter from my hairdresser telling me I have won a raffle

I had an email to say I'd won the Canadian lottery.
Oh dear, I seem to have deleted it by mistake!
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Ha ha ha Mo! I did wonder if I ought to do the lottery just to see!

Sod's law though isn't it - I cut my hair only a couple of weeks ago! I only have until tuesday before the win runs out, so I have made an appointment on monday. I am not sure how much shorter my hair can go, although it may be a little less randomly chopped!!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Mo wrote:I had an email to say I'd won the Canadian lottery.

Mo, did you enter the canadian lottery?
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

I hope not Al, Never trust anything from Canada - they are second only to Nigeria for those nasty scams. We often get phone calls from there purporting to offer wonderful investment oppertunities.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

AL37 wrote:
Mo wrote:I had an email to say I'd won the Canadian lottery.

No
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

Talking to a mate of mine down the road and he is getting shot of a servicable shed and asked me if I could dump it for him in my trailer, so thats going down the allotment. Needed a good base and today was asked to dump a really good pallet. Job done )t'
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

This month I got a biut of a double-edged sword. My mum gave me a lovely black leather 2-seater sofa, which she had bought off someone in work, so doubly frugal. But she gave me it 2 weeks AFTER I went to Dee Eff Sssss and bought a new suite. :? And yes, she knew I was looking for furniture.
Looking n the bright side I have no credit rating because I've never had credit, by paying back to the sofa people I'll be in a better position to get a mortgage when the time comes
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Fourpie
Learner Laner

Post by Fourpie »

I cycle a fair bit and usually ignore the wild-dead in the verge - well it is no longer wild-life is it! I passed a car impacted pheasant recently. My brother had shown me how easy it was to skin a bird and on this occasion I stopped to pick this one up. It made three delicious meals when roasted with dessert apples, which also happend to be free.

(It is much easier to skin a bird than pluck it. Pheasant does not have to be hung to still have a good flavour, superior to battery farmed chicken any day.)

Phil
in Andover
You're grammar is awful and your speling cud be better, but we won't dismiss a good idea, for the misplacing of a letter.
(I still wish my friends, family and aquaintances would stop using "your", when they mean "you're" though!)
farmergiles
Learner Laner

Post by farmergiles »

freebie this month was four logs found on the road ,would have dropped of someones trailer.Some time ago the skips were open arround here and u could find all sorts of useful things.Fences were put up with a attendant on the gate.So that put a end to that. )gr: