Make A Mini Greenhouse From CD Cases

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Oolalula
Lively Laner

Make A Mini Greenhouse From CD Cases

Post by Oolalula »

I found this link whilst procrastinating from work and thought it was a really good recycling idea!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW
smallestsmallholding.com
ruralmuse.co.uk
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

But all my cd cases are full of cds.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

hehe.

I will certainly try that out. I'm trying container growing this year, so this will add to the flavour.

Needless to say, more web pages to follow !!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Oolalula
Lively Laner

Post by Oolalula »

Not all my CD cases are - old scratched CDs that are useless, missing CDs, cracked cds, old cd cases from defunct CD-Rs...the list goes on...
smallestsmallholding.com
ruralmuse.co.uk
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Cases from CDs that you'd rather not admit to having ever owned or indeed from those CDs acquired because you liked a song and it turned out that it was the only one worth listening to on the whole disc. That Spaceman song from the advert in the nineties springs to mind for both reasons. Babylon zoo I think it was although i couldn't be sure.
Bah Humbug
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

lol, I was expecting a GREENHOUSE and the ol' brain cell took several seconds to comprehend.

Why not try 2litre plastic bottles (coke, pepsi, shop brand etc) and cut the bottom off and sink it into the soil. I can't remember where I saw it, but on one of the television programmes, an entire greenhouse was made from plastic bottles all lined up in a sort of frame. It was fascinating.
sunset gold
Learner Laner

Post by sunset gold »

I've made one and put it on my strawberry plant that took a battering drying up in the plastic greenhouse and now that I put it outside it was snowed on, it looks trendy and hopefully the strawb will start to feel more settled. SG
heebiejeebie
Lively Laner

Post by heebiejeebie »

I tried plastic bottles as cloches last year - unfortunately (we have heavy clay soil) when I removed them some of the plants came up too with a big clod of earth. Most survived!
There's no cure for stupidity.
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

Babylon Zoo - My dirty secret too Saint-spoon :oops: and not from the advert; from the charts. I'm old you see!!
As to empty CD cases; we get loads sent to us at workwith data in the CD, we through the cases...being a paperless society and all. Try your local offices those unlucky enough not to live up mountains or down lanes that is )j;
Chucky Egg