Free stuff on this web site

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Evie
Lively Laner

Free stuff on this web site

Post by Evie »

Found a great web site with a section on free stuff while looking to rent my spare room out for extra cash.
Its amazing what is being given away free.
The other day saw 2 brand new Ikea picture frames that cost £15 each. a wooden shed, tvs, bricks, paving slabs, carpets,plant pots,furniture, all sorts of things free for collection.
I am not promoting this site just thought you would enjoy looking.
The site is called Gumtree.com and it has a different issue for every town
.Hope this is of interest to some of you.
let me know if you try it and if you get any good stuff.
PS you can always sell it at a car booty lol
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Here's the Link, click your locality on right and go from there.

Gumtree - Free Classifieds

Thanks for posting evie.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

There's Freecycle too
Freecycle is only for stuff people want to give away, and there are groups all over the place because the aim is to reduce landfill without driving miles to pick things up. We are on the border of 2 Freecycle groups Chester and Vale Royal.

I looked at the Gumtree site, there was a page for Manchester and one for Liverpool, both 35miles away, nothing for Chester or anywhere. And it's not just free stuff, though there is some, but you can sell stuff on it too, which could be good.
stuartdobson
Learner Laner

Post by stuartdobson »

Don't forget Craigslist.

It's the original classifieds site and is still used extensively despite looking like it did when it first came out back in 1856.