Free stuff by magic

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Free stuff by magic

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

Hi, I'm a great believer in you get what you need, though not always what you want. But maybe with a little positive thought you can get what you want also. I recently placed an advert on a freecycle site for a washing machine,as mine died badly. Not 2 hours later there was one on a neighbouring site. I went to pick it up, to be told it rattled all over the place, was excessively noisy, needed boards either side to keep it stable, but it worked. The previous owner had worked for the manufacturer in his younger years,so knew about these things. I did have to 'pay' however, in that the hot water feed was permanently on, and I had great difficulty disconnecting the old hose. The central heating plumbers had removed the old hot water isolator, but my husband managed to make it stop leaking. We couldnt just connect the hose to the new washer as it was cold feed only. But I now have a very good washer, no bouncing round the room, not very noisy, no need for boards. Much better than the old one ever was. For free. I have to admit this life has never left me in real need for anything.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Thats the result we want chicken on the hill, well done! They dont do much recycling over here but should! I have a car full of glass bottles to take today looks like we party hard, but mostly they are food jars! (f+ It's amazing when you are looking for a specific thing and come across the very item in the charity shop!! My friend just got a complete set of horse leg protectors from the hospice shop for £3, they thought they were small white bath mats!! She is soooo chuffed.
Looove chucks!
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Well after reading this post i put out a couple of messages for the universe, about my son's school and today we have recived wonderful news they are not going to consult on the proposal to close his school! :-D :-D :-D :-D

if anyone intrested in what we have done they can look at www.savestjohns.org

I am just so pleased i wanted to share it with you all ( Sorry about being off topic )ot: )
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well done Bollybarb. Good Luck

Also another )ot: Love your picture Chicken on the Hill and the head dress.. Do you do bellydancing ? as we have another on here that does.

Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

LOL!!! No, actually that's one of my wedding pics. I figured that a sari and headdress(which I made myself) would look good, and if I put on weight/lost weight,it would still fit!!!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well you looked wonderful.
I just love that headdress
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Evie
Lively Laner

Post by Evie »

Hello Bollybarb
That is fantastic news about your son`s school.
I used to work in a convent where the power of prayer amazed me.
Positive thinking along with your will are so powerful,
It will at first maybe scare you because you will not believe YOU could be that powerful.
That is basically what you do when you ask the universe to help you. Pray. It doesnt really matter what your religion, it is your belief.
Positive attracts Positive energy, like a magnet.
When it works there is no other feeling like it, you feel so good.
Thank you. Reading your post made me feel Happy
because I felt your Joy and I am so pleased you saved the school.

Evie
julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

I've just orded the light senser pop hole door, Im sure i'll get it, especialy if i do enough nagging!!! But yes i think it probly works through wishing and feeling
chickens rock!!!