magic washing things

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.

Do they work

yes the do
No votes
No they're rubbish
14%
Never Tried them
86%

Total votes: 14

saint-spoon

magic washing things

Post by saint-spoon »

Has anyone used these before and if so do they work?

http://www.biggreensmile.com/products/e ... d=ecoballs
Bah Humbug
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

My step-mum has them, only seen them in a cupboard. Seen her wash with detergent - is that proof of how good they are?

Never tried them myself, surely too good to be true :?
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

apparently they are quite expensive, don't fancy them. I am loyal to Persil i have to say

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
Vic
Lively Laner

Post by Vic »

We tried them - they seemed to work at first (or maybe we just wanted them to - rose-tinted specs and all that) but then they definitely didn't, so we're back with Fairy.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I dont see how they can work, they are supposed to just do some extra agitation but the magnetic thing ...im not so sure about. confused>
Looove chucks!
smallholderwannabe
Lively Laner

Post by smallholderwannabe »

I've got some of those plastic balls which mean you use less washing powder and I think that they do work. We live in a soft water area and I already used half the recommended quantity of powder for soft water. I'd tried cutting it down to less than half before but with little success. With these balls, I've gone down to a third of the recommended quantity and the washing is usually fine - unless it is REALLY badly stained.

I've also got those plastic balls for the tumble dryer and they really do work. I washed four pairs of towels and separated the towels. I dried four without the balls and the other four with them. The ones with the balls dried in about 20 minutes less time. Having said this, I don't use my dryer unless I can't get the washing dry any other way. And even then, I'll only dry the minimum possible and string the rest round the house.

Sometimes Aldi and Lidl have these balls on offer - at much less than Lakeland charge. I got mine in Boots with a gift voucher I was given.
charlwood1005
Lively Laner

Post by charlwood1005 »

I use the balls for the washing machine too, it does make a racket but I think they are really good for heavily stained items, and that is even after they were chewed by the dog. Unfortunaley I paid the high price from lakeland