A....di products

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: A....di products

Post by ChrisG »

Is chii jam like sweet chilli dip? If so, any chance of the recipe please +f+
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I use the HFW recipe for sweet chilli dipping sauce - http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/c ... uce-recipe
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Our three bird roast tea was disappointing. As I said in a previous mail, lots and lots of stuffing, which was very stodgey. We will get two meals out of half the roast. Other meats have been much better value.
gromit
Lively Laner

Post by gromit »

Now their salmon wellington is just lovely either the prawn and cream or the cheese and dill and seeing as it does the two of us for two meals for 3.99 pretty economical too

And there 1.40 ish shampoo and conditioner is very good, but go very steady with the conditioner just a drop or ule spend all night washing it out, a better shampoo than a salon type brand in large bottles from mr cohens store we have been using lately and a lot cheaper!
How did I ever find the time to go to work
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks for the salmon wellington info, Gromit. Will try when we do next shop.

Today we bought some Parma ham, it had been recommended, and thought we would treat ourselves. It was so chewy, my slice went on the fire. OH soldiered on! It has gone in the freezer, ready to take back on our next visit. Very disappointing.
chriskitty572
Lively Laner

Post by chriskitty572 »

My 80yr old Mother does all her shopping there, but the one she goes to is huge. Our one is a lot smaller so things are limited, but yes when I do my monthly shop I go there first. As for cleaning stuff, I have found nothing wrong with them and they do the job. But on our outdoor market (I live in Milton Keynes) we have a stall that sells something called Elbow Grease (yes it really is called that). It is worth looking on your local market stalls to see if there is one that sells cleaning products. If they have it buy it, it's cheap and it really does clean anything. I keep one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen and one tucked away spare.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We have a bottle of Elbow Grease. It is marvellous. When we bought a caravan fridge a couple of years back, the seal needed a lot of work on it to bring it up to standard. The second hand caravan shop recommended it, and it worked so quickly.

I don't see it around very often, and am hanging on to the bottle I have.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Spreckly wrote:caravan fridge a couple of years back, the seal needed a lot of work on it to bring it up to standard.

white toothpaste is good on fridge seals, cheap is fine but must be the white stuff
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

My OH swears by Elbow Grease. Uses it on everything, car, paintwork upvc, you name it )t'
LYN
perchy

Post by perchy »

Basic seeds are in at the moment 39p a go )t'

Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Oh poo I've just bought some in our Aldi at 79cents (65p) wish I'd waited till next week when we're over.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Have been to Aldi this morning, one in another town so made a change, quite a few bits of fruit and veg for 69p vine tomatoes, whole cucumbers, broccolli and can't remember the others }hairout{

They also have some nice bedding yike* patchwork cover, pink, blue and beige's I think, I got toto19 two cake tins with a bunting theme 2.99 for 2, pretty.

Bedding plants and trees etc and some vegetable plants, I wish they would look after them when they are in the shop, they looked worse for ware, such a shame )gr:
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Our Al..i is quite small, and we cannot get all our basic needs from them. We bought the Salmon Wellington which you recommended, Gromit, it is delicious, and makes two meals for us. In fact, we have bought and eaten several of them. We notice how much busier it is now, more and more people are shopping there, and the speed at the tills is amazing. Mo.....ns and Te....co's, take note. They also have Seal Bars which are almost identical to Peng....ns.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

The Al-di versions of Rocky and club bars are better than the branded ones and their choc digestives are the bees knees.

I know my biscuits )cof(
Essex Bird
Lively Laner

Post by Essex Bird »

Mrs B wrote:My parents tried the 3 bird roast and loved it a couple of my friends tried it too and liked it.

Personally I would rather eat coal than a 3 bird roast and if I see Hugh FW doing his festive 3 bird roast again I may well beat up the tv

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Mandy
x
live long and prosper
ey ey ya yeye ey i killed my mother.... la la la la la la la lalala gringo
http://mandysgarden.blogspot.com