A....di products

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Maggie1

Re: A....di products

Post by Maggie1 »

Thats true what you say Julie. When I lived in Ashford I knew a number of people that wouldn't go into Lidl as they used to call it the benefit shop. I love our Aldi, as you say full of stuff from Germany etc. Also their fruit and veg is always fresh.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Aldi three bird roast is great )t'

I've bought one last year and have done so again this year. It won't replace my traditional turkey but it's great to stick in the freezer and it can be cooked from frozen too - great when you've run out of left overs and just NEED one more hit of Christmas cheer :-D

Speckly - We used their non bio washing powder and found it clogged up the drawer too - we've now switched to their non bio liquid and it's great (also one of the only ones I can find that doesn't bring my son out in a rash)
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

'Cos I'm a bloke and don't understand such things, what is it with bio, non bio?
Why would I buy either? What is the difference? etc
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Glad it isn't my fairly new washing machine that is playing up - will look for the liquid non-bio wash, Mad Chick. I looked at the three bird roast on Friday and wondered what it would be like.

We popped in today on our way home, and the shop was busy. Lot of booze for sale - Advocat bottles piled fairly high. Couldn't find any sweetcorn though.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Very disappointed in our three/four bird roast. We cut it in half prior to cooking -only two of us - put the other half in the freezer. I am not rushing to get it out either. More stuffing than meat.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Steve the Gas wrote:'Cos I'm a bloke and don't understand such things, what is it with bio, non bio?
Why would I buy either? What is the difference? etc

biological powder (I think) contains enzymes giving washing that dazzling white clean so can fade coloureds and darks very quickly, excellent on protein based stains such as blood or egg. Sensitive skin is more likely to be aggravated by bio rather than non bio.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

{hug} )t'
tiddles1
Lively Laner

Post by tiddles1 »

we have used the pack up meats from a...di OH likes it better than mr t, we spend around 100 p week on petrol and food from mr t its not too bad as long as u dont get drawn in by the offers .... i used to work for s nsb ys, i know their tricks, just keep to ur list they put the offers on the ends of the isles, ha ha, around 30 in a.. di on fruit veg and pack up meat and about 50 in mr t, rest on fuel, ps tried chicken pellets from wil k sns it wernt that good the girls turned their nose up, just tried it for convenient as pets at o e is best but 5 miles other way lol but i got the hint and decided to go the extra 5 miles just for the girls lol )t'
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Sorry to hear the 3 bird roast wasn't good, i've not tried it as OH is yeast intolerant and couldn't do the stuffing.

We love the cold meat, including parma ham )eat( I'm off there tommorow to replenish stocks, OH has been doing the shopping the past couple of weeks, (and i miss it :oops: )
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Ours is still in the freezer so I'll let you know what its like when we use it.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

My parents tried the 3 bird roast and loved it a couple of my friends tried it too and liked it.

Personally I would rather eat coal than a 3 bird roast and if I see Hugh FW doing his festive 3 bird roast again I may well beat up the tv
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Oh dear Mrs B so this will not help.......

http://youtu.be/YsTl3gsKAVc

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Bollybarb {warn} {warn} {warn}
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

We are having the second half of the three bird roast in approximately fifteen minutes. The smell is quite strong, and I hope it won't turn my stomach. There seems to be more stuffing than bird.

It is maybe just me, not being a huge meat eater.

I used to eat coal when I was a toddler, Mrs B! Nowadays it would be an expensive meal.
perchy

Post by perchy »

The offer I had today was a small bag of hot chilli's 39p 3 x 6 tomatoes 39p and savoy cabbages 39p, one cabbage for us and on for the girls, and I have made 5 jars of tomato and chilli jam )t'

We had a turkey roast and it was lovely very tasty with proper stuffing and bacon on the top )t'

Saw the 3 and 4 bird roast but we don't eat chicken anymore {hug}