A....di products

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Re: A....di products

Post by ChrisG »

Essex Bird wrote:
RuthG wrote:
Essex Bird wrote: The only thing i dont by there are the eggs, of course and it feels sooo good!

Can I ask why? (Unless you have hens I suppose). Hubby went out the other day with a list. On the list was free range eggs. He got them at Ald! because they were cheaper than M'sons.

Yes i have my girls laying for me, sorry didnt mean to sound as if they were not good enough )t'

Phew! Thought for a minute you might have known something about their definition of 'free range' that had escaped me.
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

Liggle is my default shop if I can't buy from an independant. I don't think they sell anything that I'd consider carp and they don't tip you off.
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Just been back on this thread. Since I posted it, we have actually done a weekly shop in A....di. We have had two lots of vacuum packed beef, absolutely delicious, the carrots last a lot longer than Mr T's - I have to shop for a week. No bio yoghurt yet, though, or strong white bread flour. At present we are buying Seal biscuits, which are like a twin of a Penguin.

We have a L....ls in another town, but their stocks are not as good as A's.
Scooby88
Longlasting Laner

Post by Scooby88 »

I shopped at al*i this week too thanks to this thread :) I was amazed we got loads for £20! Nearly all the vag was 59p and we got chocolate wafer biscuits for the packed lunch, much better than the premium brand for 99p. And pink wafer biscuits-lovely! :)
SueW
Learner Laner

Post by SueW »

Hi all, we've been feeling the pinch more than ever and finally deserted Big T's for A..dis, almost entirely due to our neighbours recommendation. How pleasantly surprised we were! Their choc digestive biccies are only 59p and as good as the big brands, also good we've found are the non-bio washing liquid, washing up liquid, shower gel (the fruity one smells good enough to drink!), tinned tomatoes and baked beans and in fact we get almost everything from there now and save a packet. We get meat from the local butcher and fruit and veg from the greengrocers in town (Camborne) and fish from the fishmongers in town.
The only time we have to go to Big T's is for strong flour, yeast, jam sugar and cheapo tissues/loo rolls, stuff like that. Highly recommend A..dis. Tried L..ls too, but didn't like it much, seemed not to have the range. .santa.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Welcome )t'

Great result!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

I am finding that the A...d's non bio wash powder is being left in a soggy state in the dispenser compartment. Today I have been in T....co and bought some of their own brand, to see if it is the wash powder or my machine - which is still under guarantee.

Today in Al..s we had a really good shop. Just got a few things from Mr T.
perchy

Post by perchy »

On the flier tonight they had a 40 year old single Malt Whisky called Glenbridge a speyside whisky for £49.99, when you work it out it is just over a £1 a year :-D lovely special gift for a whisky fan, I hummed and harred and then thought would get some for Mr P and they didn't have any }hairout{

Will pop in again tomorrow >fi<
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

I bet you wont get any. A friend of ours used to work there and they only have a limited number on really good offers. He said he usually 9 times out of 10 the staff have it. The best one was lawn mowers and they had them queueing at the door. They only had 3.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Maggie1 wrote:I bet you wont get any. A friend of ours used to work there and they only have a limited number on really good offers. He said he usually 9 times out of 10 the staff have it. The best one was lawn mowers and they had them queueing at the door. They only had 3.

No Maggie I won't get it, there was only 3 and they've gone }hairout{
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

:oops: >el<
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
perchy

Post by perchy »

AL37 wrote::oops: >el<

yike*

)gr:
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

I found A...di mixed. Some frozen roast pots. and parsnips I got last year were dreadful(very fatty) but other stuff has been excellent.
I was thinking about those of you that use diswasher tablets. I have never used these but just the powder as I can control how much I put in. I only ever use the eco wash and about half the dispenser full of powder, it does a grand job and hope that I am saving by using less.
Mr. Te.co has bags of biological washing powder for £1.75. I use that sometimes mixing it with other stuff on offer.
>tree< .san.jump.
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

Aldi are good for certain things, their beer is good value and prepacked stuff like jams and marmalades, biscuits, cakes etc I have never had cause to complain about.

I dislike the way they do special offers as in not enough stock. take that whisky offer unless you were there at sparrow chuff you would stand no chance, only three (that is providing the staff haven't had first dibs) how annoying.
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

I think Aldi is a great shop - not just for their prices but the quality of their products - they are especially good near Christmas as they sell a lot of the stuff you see at the Christmas German markets at a fraction of the price and you can put really nice Foodie presents together for people. Some people are very snobby about shops aren't they - I work with some people who wouldn't be seen dead in an Aldi - well it's their loss!
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."