picked up some bargains

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

picked up some bargains

Post by Meanqueen »

I called in a couple of shops on the way home from work, I never actually go shopping, that is go from home to the shops, and come back.

First I popped in to see sonofmorris, I saw some offers in the newspaper and thought, I'll get them. Half price popular brand yoghurt, 72p for 4, got 3 packs. Half price sliced turkey breast, treat for the cats, £1.08, got 2, they love it. Then I spotted a good buy, reduced price posh bread. Got Onion and Herb, was £1.29 - now 29p, Honey and Sunflower was £1.29 - now 29p, Spelt and Rye, was 99p - now 29p. Also found Lemon & coriander houmous, was 82p - now 45p. I wanted some of my fave soya milk but it was £1.27, thought this too dear so I left it.

Next popped into Pestco. My milk is £1.11, got 2. Found raspberries was £1.99 - now 99p, got 1 need to be eaten now. Own brand bran flakes 71p, got 2. The black and white cat, cat food pouches - As Good As .....was £4.13 - now £2.73 - got 4. Mind you I never pay that price anyway, I get it from the market for £2.75, so only saved pennies there.

Have you noticed how supermarkets are advertising their offers a lot more now? I read the free newspaper, all the leaflets that come through the door, making a note of the items I need, and pick them up if I am passing.

Ilona
)old(
trainee pensioner
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

They're selling mince beef in Sains for 50p so I bought a few yesterday. Sainsbury's in Tonbridge is supposed to be the most expensive in the Country (says my dad, who is usually quite reliable)
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
saint-spoon

Re: picked up some bargains

Post by saint-spoon »

Meanqueen wrote: Half price sliced turkey breast, treat for the cats, £1.08, got 2, they love it. Ilona
)old(
trainee pensioner

If it's booty full then he's been in trouble more than a couple of time for cruelty to his animals...... I wouldn't suppose that the moggies care much for his actions anyway. :?
Bah Humbug
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I do my best.
Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

What do your cats eat Saint Spoon ?

I have three, only one will eat our left over bits and the other two won't touch anything not out of a sachet - and we know where most of that comes from.
It's terrible, but you can't get away from it. Cats eat what they want to eat, not what we want them to.

Just imagine 'proper food' cat food - the price !!!!!

And if you buy Chicken Feed, the paper bag it's in has probably helped to ruin some Rain Forest somewhere.

It can go on and on.

It's a hard world - we can do only what we can do.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi

My cats eat waitr*s* own label its only 35p a tin, they used to eat fel*x but sorry cats but on a economy drive, they are odd my cats anyway if we ever have a chicken they won't eat it, so chuck bits out for the hedgehog, they also have Iams biscuit which they love and i know they are expensive so save the money on tinned food, they really love iams. i have two cats but thinking of getting another one my mate has a cat sanctuary, and just got a lovely pedigree cat in blue smoke colour, really nervous if she still has it after my hols, won't be able to resist. Would love a gorgeous coloured cat but they are soo expensive, my too are gorgeous exceptional in fact, but am a sucker for a sad story, going to see her in the holidays my oh will go crackers.

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Richard wrote:What do your cats eat Saint Spoon ?

Haven’t got any cats any more (used to have a couple of chocolate Burmese moggies). For some reason I have become immensely aalergic to cats over the past ten years or so. I agree that it’s very difficult and we can only do so much. I run two fish tanks that have pumps, lighting heating etc that all eat energy. The food I give them comes from dubious sources and arrives in a plastic container. They are living things so there’s not a lot I can do now that I have got them. I wasn’t having a dig at MQ, far from it, but I really don’t like BM very much and refuse to purchase any of his products on account of his past welfare record. )de:
For the record I used to feed my cats tinned food (cheapest brand), tinned tuna and the occasional chicken breast (probably not free range but this was before I became aware of the way in which it was reared).
:oops:
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It's difficult.
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Evie
Lively Laner

Post by Evie »

I will not eat BM anything as I watched a documentary years ago
that put me off his products for life. :shock: Made me feel sick.
It was one of those things that once you know, you can`t bring yourself to do, for all the tea in China.