Cheap and Cheerful presents

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Beckscorrick
Learner Laner

Cheap and Cheerful presents

Post by Beckscorrick »

Home made is best, as thought and love has gone into the making.....
This year I have made Organic Soap and Organic Solid Perfume to give to my loved ones.
It is very simple and If anybody would like the receipes from me, just mail me .santa.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Re: Cheap and Cheerful presents

Post by Mo »

Well done. My adult children will have Christmas cakes made for them, no doubt we will have a get together to decorate them all, all the old snowmen, santas, gnomes, etc will come out, including Rupert Bear, who found his way onto a Christmas cake one year when they were small, and has stayed in the box ever since. A family tradition.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Welcome )t'
manda

Post by manda »

Hi Becks...you managed to find your way here from FB >el< )wav(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
perchy

Post by perchy »

manda wrote:Hi Becks...you managed to find your way here from FB >el< )wav(

)wav( )wav(
ock

Post by ock »

hey you )wav( )grin2(
[center]OCK LIKES TO PARTY !!!![/center]
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Boo! )wav(
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
poncharetta
Lively Laner

Post by poncharetta »

Watcha!! This year it's small bottles of Damson Vodka, Damson Liquers (strained damsons from the alcohol and dipped in dark choc), choc dipped baby figs (wrapped in grease proof, tied with string and festive brown paper label using my son's nice pens :-D), homemade spiced plum chutney, homemade apple mincemeat and fresh, warm homemade brioche loaves for offer (delivered in a cotton towel that I take back with me). All in a hamper or individual items of the above, depends on who's getting it. Ooh yeah, and Jamie Olivers epic hot choc, made then jarred, labelled with re-heating instructions, yum yum.
The outlay for the vodka and chutney was spread over late summer and autumn so we're not hit hard during the season we most need our heating!
What good is freedom if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes - by someone famous
poncharetta
Lively Laner

Post by poncharetta »

P.S. Wanted to do the soap and bathbomb thing last couple of years but all my rels say 'no smellies'. Phooey on them! Your creations sound fabulous. Pics??
What good is freedom if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes - by someone famous
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

Poncheretta, dipping the damsons from the alchohol in dark chocolate to make liqueurs (spelling?) is simply INSPIRED!!! wow, were they good? Brilliant!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

pepi wrote:Poncheretta, dipping the damsons from the alchohol in dark chocolate to make liqueurs (spelling?) is simply INSPIRED!!! wow, were they good? Brilliant!

What did you do with the stones? Were they easy to get out. It's such a fiddly job making Damson jam even though I leave some of them in.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
entrus
Lively Laner

Post by entrus »

We start looking on the car boot sales from now on for next year's Christmas and birthday presents.

This Christmas we stunned our youngest daughter and her partner by giving them a £589.00 Pavoni coffee maker, and before you ask, we are neither rich nor dumb.

We bought it on a car boot sale in August for the grand sum of £12.00 from a 20 something yuppie guy with more money than sense, who admitted receiving it as a birthday present from his parents the previous year, and had not even taken it out of the box.

Nick
[center][/center]Visit us at the the Living Well On A Shoestring Blog at http://tinyurl.com/a5hdujt Helping you live better on less!
marycorbitt
Learner Laner

Post by marycorbitt »

What I love about home made soaps is that you can have all the shapes and scents that you want and you can give them to the person that suits the soap. :)
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

marycorbitt wrote:What I love about home made soaps is that you can have all the shapes and scents that you want and you can give them to the person that suits the soap. :)

And you can make them in shapes as well; stars, shells, hearts, clover, etc.. :-D
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

Mo, a cherry stoner gets the pips out of damsons!
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/