About Frugal February

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Re: About Frugal February

Post by bobsbabes »

I will struggle as we are having a new bathroom fitted have saved for 6.5 years for it .It was meant to go in before we moved in but we had to have the house re-plumbed and rewired so it has been a long time coming dh is going to do the tiling to save some money but the tiles were not cheap but they don't count as I paid for them 2 weeks ago :)
We have put a deposit for a moped for my oldest so that he can get a job and earn some of his own money the plan being it will gt passed down to each of my children so that they will all have some freedom and I am not tied to ferrying them about in my gas guzzler so even though expensive the plan is we will save money in the long run .... hmmm well we can dream {rofwl}
Treating Titchy the globe trotting chook to a trip to Disney :)
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I've decided to take myself off the naughty step and join in a bit.

However like some of the others my Birthday is also in February, so can't be too frugal.

I have started from today to not get a daily newspaper yike*

I've bought a daily paper since I was 18 and have read the Daily Mail pretty much every day since I was 19, so it's not going to be easy. Mind you I do have a free Daily Mail app on my iPad but it's just not the same. Until a couple of months ago we also had our daily newspaper delivered but then started walking the dogs early so picked it up on our walk, which saved us about £2 a week. Now we will save an extra £2.75 Mon/Fri. I will still get a newspaper on Saturdays as I need something!

Also OH is selling his classic car on Saturday, just in time for being frugal. He's only had the car for 6mths but has done enough bits on it to make a good profit and he will use the money from it to pay off the loan for our main car. That will give us a monthly saving of a further £362 if we manage to do that. So now if OH's hours get cut from 5 to 4 days a week we will be able to manage that much better :-D
Lyn
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I like my daily mail as well and have been toying with giving it up but I use it afterwards for toilet area for ferrets in there cages so can`t really give it up and I do enjoy reading it. although I am going to be as frugal as possible I am not making myself miserable and give up everything. On my no spend days I will ask hubby to bring his paper home instead for me so will save a bit. (sorry if this is a bit muddly but up early and brain not quite in gear yet {rofwl} ) {rofwl}
perchy

Post by perchy »

I know what you mean, I read the papers a day later when Mr P is at work as he works nights and fetches them home for me I read them and then use them for the coop, I read the mail on line but I do like to thumb through the papers.
If the world ended on a Tues, I wouldn't know until Wednesday {rofwl}
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I have to say I'm struggling not having a paper and it's only 2nd February {rofwl}

I did buy today's edition as I like to keep the TV section otherwise I have no idea what's on TV all week. Instead of going through it really quickly I will just read a bit a day. The online Daily Mail app is not very good. They do one you have to pay for but it doesn't actually work out much cheaper than buying it. Much as I enjoy reading books on my Kindle, newspapers are different >coc<

The car went today and despite the fact that I am not into classic cars I did feel a lump in my throat as it was loaded onto the trailer and driven away to it's new home :?
Lyn