Perchy's purse watching

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Perchy's Pre frugal List

Post by mrs boodles »

Thanks Perchy, got a couple of recipes that I think are quite frugal, will put on later.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Perchy's Pre frugal List

Post by Freeranger »

It seems that 'nearly ready' turns out to be a relative thing. Compared to you - no! )b( )b(
perchy

Re: Perchy's purse watching

Post by perchy »

Here we go then 1st of Feb!

I have been busy today, have been off work and went with Mr P to do the shopping in AlandDi, got the veggies that were on offer and fruit. I also bought a couple of tins of chopped tomatoes at 31p each as I wanted to make chilli jam, 4 large chilli's 59p. I had the muscavado sugar in the pantry as I havn't had sugar since starting SW, I was unsure if the >veg5< would work but read on internet that some had tried it, so instead of buying tomatoes at 89p for 6 X 4 the saving was great, I did drain the tomatoes and Mr P had the juice. I now have 8 jars of chilli jam for the pantry and some for friends. I made onion chutney too, with red wine, the wine was half a bottle we had left over, the house now smells like we have been partying. )grin2(
Grandsons Birthday this month and he wanted another tardis, £15.99, not bad I thought, then Toto said they have them in the big Family Bargains, (new shop to us) so went there to get one £7.99 )c( my Kenco coffee 2.49, felt rather good once I had finished.
Veggie man on the way back from town, sprouts, leeks, cabbage and carrots £2.50

A good start
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

I have never thought to drink the jiuce from tinned tomatoes.....doh, you are organised and I am so impressed with your Kenco coffee, I bought a jar a couple of weeks ago as a treat and it was £3.99, I sorted out two old Cranks vegetarian recipe books today so I am going to have a go at some of those instead of buying jars of sauce etc
:-D
perchy

Post by perchy »

Made lemon curd today for friends, frugal pressies, free eggs, caster sugar in cupboard and butter in freezer, had to buy lemons, on offer at alandi 39p for 3. I used the pan that had the water in for the veggies for tea so no extra pan or gas )t' The curd is cooked over simmering water, cooked enough veg for tomorrow, so now need to decide what I am going to do with it, have several options.

Went to "Hope" homeless shed, books 10p each Mr P bought 10 so £1 ~ bargain, although he did give £3, I couldn't shout at him "it's frugal Feb" could I? (and it did come out of his wallet) )grin2(

Planned the route so going for hens food first, called at Hope and then Alandi, no parking fees and all in a line towards home, I have been terrible for driving all over, seemed logical to do what I did today {rofwl} must keep it up!
perchy

Post by perchy »

No spend day yesterday.

Cooking one pack of lean minced steak today, and I am going to make two meals, one chilli with extra onions, broth mix and kidney beans and one shepherd's pie with carrots, shredded leek and onion, topped with carrot and butternut squash, squash from last week. I have to say one pack usually does one meal :oops: will let you know how it goes, then all have to do is some rice for the chilli at some point.

Have been doing a few craft bits, but I have felt quite chilly being sat for a while, so I found out the snuggly one fits all blankets Mr P bought me and wore that, to be honest I was impressed, so no gas fire on until early evening )t'

All washing has been on the airer in the spare bedroom, havn't used the drier at all.

I am picking up the grandchildren from School, my orders are something on toast, so have had a look, spaghetti, ravioli or beans )t' )t' and found a packet of biscuits, that will do them with a glass of milk {rofwl}
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

You could snap the biscuit in half to make it go further {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

{rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

perchy wrote:Went to "Hope" homeless shed, books 10p each Mr P bought 10 so £1 ~ bargain, although he did give £3, I couldn't shout at him "it's frugal Feb" could I?

It's 'Frugal Feb' not Mean March.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
perchy

Post by perchy »

p.penn wrote:You could snap the biscuit in half to make it go further {rofwl}

Good thinking!!!!! I am on it {rofwl}
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mo wrote:
perchy wrote:Went to "Hope" homeless shed, books 10p each Mr P bought 10 so £1 ~ bargain, although he did give £3, I couldn't shout at him "it's frugal Feb" could I?

It's 'Frugal Feb' not Mean March.

I was actually joking )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

I am on frugal adventures for a few days so see you soon )t'

I am going to have to try so very hard with this, I love different places, the bed and breakfast is particularly cheap, and the landlady a little eccentric but it is a good base for us all, will update when I can )t'

Be good and stay frugal {hug&kiss}
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I don't even own a tumble dryer so I get good girl points.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mrs B wrote:I don't even own a tumble dryer so I get good girl points.

You certainly do {hug}

Have a chunky KK {hug}
Linda Pattison
Lively Laner

Post by Linda Pattison »

I intended to get the cupboards organized, but we got flu so the way it was done was by eating the contents of the canned goods/nonperishables while we were housebound, which made more room! Now I can see through the former mess to get things done. It's surprising how much we really have on hand when we look and take stock. I a have enough pearl barley for two yers of soups. Winter is a good time to restock in eastern Canada, the stores tend to discount end of lines and stock not moving as fast as it should. Good thing too, because produce is very expensive.
One of your fb DTL admins with Manda Powdrill and Christy Poole.