Americanlady's Frugal Plans

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Americanlady's Frugal Plans

Post by Americanlady »

1. FIRST OF ALL, reinstate my worksheet to keep track of every dime spent. I let that go by the wayside a couple months ago.

2. Groceries -- since I live alone, be very careful that I only buy what I need and will really use. Always shop for bargains.

3. Rack up as many no-spend days as possible for the month.

4. Plan and organize use of my car, combine errands so least amount of gas is used.

4. Pay extra toward my credit card (I used it over Christmas, I'm afraid) and get it back to zero balance -- keep it that way!!!

5. Big aim is to increase the balance in my bank account every month.

This list should keep me on track. Good luck to all of us. We can do this.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Americanlady's Frugal Plans

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Good luck AL )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Yes we can!! make sure bargains are really bargains, bogof's buy one get one free are not always good deals, do you really need what is on offer and will you use it? advertisers are brilliant at getting us to buy more than we actually need )t'

)t'
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

Right on, Perchy! That's very important. And thanks, LBF. Hope you all do very well in February.
Linda Pattison
Lively Laner

Post by Linda Pattison »

Agreed, the BOGO's are only good if it's something you'd normally use and particularly if non-perishable, though we did get two small beef roasts on BOGO a few days back and cooked immediately. All the fats and scraps are now mixed with kibble for the barn cats. I like the idea of no-spend days, that alone forces us to combine errands. :)
One of your fb DTL admins with Manda Powdrill and Christy Poole.
redoak
Legendary Laner

Post by redoak »

All good ideas AmericanLady
I do most of them too. I wish you good luck with sticking to the plan and finding the best deals.
:-D
Marc