Sort Of Taking Part But Not Officially

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Sort Of Taking Part But Not Officially

Post by Totally Scrambled »

As I retired at the end of November, with some dregs of money they owed me coming in December, January was the first month I got just my pension to live off so we are just starting to adjust to less income.
I now get just over £1,000 a month less than when I was working but I reckon in real terms that makes it about £600 less as the Mortgage payments have gone and I'm not using as much diesel etc.
We're really just being a bit careful and seeing how far the money goes, trying to prioritise and see if my theory of how much we have to spend lives up to the reality.
>fi< my CSE Grade 1 Maths has helped me do my sums correctly.
With you in spirit and we will be doing our best to save money generally while we adjust to the new financial situation.
Good luck to you all.
Dom & Ali
Ali Woks My World
HensAloud
Legendary Laner

Re: Sort Of Taking Part But Not Officially

Post by HensAloud »

Congratulations on your Maths grade ! {rofwl} when DH retired I certainly wasn't going to work if he didn't, so we decided we'd rather have quality of life and less money than either of us finding another job. We sell stuff at car boots from time to time to get a bit extra cash. Good luck for the future, I'm sure you'll be ok.
Angela
Usually Barking Up the Wrong Tree