Bobsbabes frugal feb

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Bobsbabes frugal feb

Post by bobsbabes »

Gonna give this ago and see if we can save some cash as March is a very expensive month for us also it would hopefully get us into saving cash all year round
Treating Titchy the globe trotting chook to a trip to Disney :)
perchy

Re: Bobsbabes frugal feb

Post by perchy »

bobsbabes wrote:Gonna give this ago and see if we can save some cash as March is a very expensive month for us also it would hopefully get us into saving cash all year round

Welcome aboard )t'
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Post by bobsbabes »

perchy wrote:
Welcome aboard )t'

Thanks Perchy :)

TBH its not going to be very frugal ...we are having a new bathroom fitted are away in the caravan whilst its being down so maybe a flop before I start but try I will
I am going to plan meals which I have never done before .
Walk to School more if its hammering I will drive as I dont want the girls sitting round all day with wet clothes.
I am going to use the washing machine and tumble dryer better one then the other to make the most out of the solar panels.
No more takeaways .

will have a think with some more things :)
perchy

Post by perchy »

I have banned the drier, but there are just two of us, so 2 airers are now in situ in the spare room )t'
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Post by bobsbabes »

There are 6 of us here and both boys are going through a sparkly clean stage which means they need at least 2 towels a day :( This time of year nothing dries in the garden even on a nice day as we just don't get any sun .I do hang some clothes over the radiators as no1 son says I shrink all of his clothes !!
perchy

Post by perchy »

bobsbabes wrote:There are 6 of us here and both boys are going through a sparkly clean stage which means they need at least 2 towels a day :( This time of year nothing dries in the garden even on a nice day as we just don't get any sun .I do hang some clothes over the radiators as no1 son says I shrink all of his clothes !!

Can you persuade them not to be clean for February {rofwl}
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Post by bobsbabes »

Oh trust me I have tried also tried limiting the time no1 spends in the shower to no avail ....I shall be rich when he gets his own place but think 15 is a bit young to kick him out !!!!!!!
morbidia
Lively Laner

Post by morbidia »

I am trying to cut down on using my drier too, I do hang clothes on the airer but in my house I haven't got anywhere to put them and they get on my nerves if they are in the way all the t ime, My eldest is moving out in a few months though so I will have a spare room, the drier won't get used then :-D
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Post by bobsbabes »

I have to admit to doing a quick wash with Joes clothes that have hardly touched his back I take them out the wash and fold them and put back in his room for him to put away !!!!
Linda Pattison
Lively Laner

Post by Linda Pattison »

We've switched to cold water wash, the detergents are no more expensive and often 2 for 1; clothes have never been cleaner and a lot of savings on heating water. :-D
One of your fb DTL admins with Manda Powdrill and Christy Poole.
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Post by bobsbabes »

Linda Pattison wrote:We've switched to cold water wash, the detergents are no more expensive and often 2 for 1; clothes have never been cleaner and a lot of savings on heating water. :-D

lol i meant taking them out the washing basket and refolding :)

not off to a good start have visitors coming for the weekend although I'm not buying as much in as I normally would

Today though I am off to buy a charm for my PPandora bracelet ... maybe I should move to the naughty team !! my Nan has been poorly and to help out I have been running round for her and her "boyfriend" as he has been in and out of hospital this year so they have given me £50 to spend I was gonna save it but really they gave it me so I could treat myself (would rather they had kept it but I gave up arguing) and I want to have something to show them so they can see where there money has been spent .
bobsbabes
Lively Laner

Post by bobsbabes »

I am really pleased with myself today filled the car up :( (that wasnt good £95 )gr: )
Spent £40 less on my weekly shop :-D
I phoned domestic and general about my camera as the battery won't charge bought new battery and charger and the camera still won't start {mr.angry} (took out the cover when I bought the camera from jessops)
But i cancelled my cover on my tumble dryer ,took the dishwasher I no longer have off my kitchen plan and added the tumble dryer. Then I added the TV and my sons xbox to it all for £25 a month I was paying £17 for my kitchen plan (3 appliances one of which I no longer had ) £5.66 for the tumble dryer then £10 on the TV which I have now cancelled with Currys .So a small saving and more things covered :)

Sadly I forgot to use sayno.com when I made the calls so probably spent the saving for the year already :)