Freeranger's Frugal Feb Plans

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Freeranger's Frugal Feb Plans

Post by Freeranger »

It's all going pear shaped!

Have carried on with most things and still making all those small savings, but OH has twice more wanted takeaways. He has had a run of being quite run down with minor health niggles, and has also worked really hard in spite of them so I haven't objected. He also was miffed that I didn't do the normal (expensive) valentines thing, so he went and bought stuff in another unplanned shop. I made him a chocolate cheesecake that he didn't like, but was cheap, and that's how I felt afterwards.

Saved on a hairdo by just trimming around my ears to tidy it up. OK but not glamorous (nor hideous either). Had an interview, which cost 7 gallons of petrol and about £5 in sandwiches over two days, and hit a deep pothole at 60mph and now the car is making horrible noises. I think I've damaged the suspension and possibly a tyre which was at 11psi when I sorted it out. Aaargh. The Frugal Fairy giveth, and the Frugal Fairy taketh away. }hairout{
Linda Pattison
Lively Laner

Post by Linda Pattison »

I think you have to be kind to yourself regarding health issues, even if minor. The takeaway may have felt expensive, but if it lifts your spirits and is infrequent, it may be more necessary than you think. We'll have a little extra on the 28th and may go to a nearby restaurant for brunch. It's our favourite place, all local foods and conervative prices. In a sense we splurge occasionlly to support the right kind of foods, and jobs.
One of your fb DTL admins with Manda Powdrill and Christy Poole.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Frugal Fairy can be a vindictive so and so. I didn't even get the job. }hairout{
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Post by jemberelli »

Sorry to hear that, keep your chin up {hug} {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Thanks Jembrelli.

We have achieved great things in some areas but not so good in others. Mostly, we've been very frugal, but we haven't made the savings I'd have liked to have seen on housekeeping, and I think Perchy was right that you should clear out your cupboards before buying anything else, otherwise you still end up ignoring the same things over and again.

We think we've got the hang of it now, though, and so are going to carry it through into Miserly March!!
clunie
Learner Laner

Post by clunie »

Hi Freeranger
Sorry to hear that your Frugal Feb didn't go as per plan. Also sorry that you didn't gett he job - just think that you were probably too good for it anyway :-D

ike you I think taht I will have to try for a Misery March,as things didn't work out for me on Frugal Feb- primarily with being i for over a week! Ho Hum!

Good luck with your Miserly March! I'd like to say that it can only get better but my husband has had a slight pay rise in an acting up role (and I mean slight!) and due to change in circumstances he will have to pay rent for his digs as he is working away from home, so we are no better off! {mr.angry}
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

As I said, Frugal Fairy giveth and the Frugal Fairy taketh away.....

Good luck with a healthy miserly march.
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Sorry to hear your plans didn't go well. Hopefully march will be better
[center][/center]Davina