Labelling freezer food

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Labelling freezer food

Post by Freeranger »

I've just followed Perchy's advice and gone through cupboards & freezer to see what was there in preparation for frugal Feb+. Trouble was, it was not always that obvious!

The writing and sometimes the white patches for writing on on the freezer bags had disappeared, leaving a lot of assorted one pot mixtures to be only guessed at. Two pairs of eyes worked out that the chicken stock I found was in fact stewed rhubarb! This explains why some of the stuff was still there - we'd wondered and then gone for something we could identify instead. We'd also given things silly names, so pea & ham soup was PNEM for example (homage to Ronnie Barker). It was funny at the time, but not always memorable.

Does anyone have any tips for foolproof labelling, please? (Apart from stop being foolish and put sensible names on things!!)
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Labelling freezer food

Post by Benny&Co »

I use white tape and write on that )t' :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Re: Labelling freezer food

Post by Freeranger »

Masking tape, Bev, or something more techical?