Clunie's Frugal Feb

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Maggie1

Re: Clunie's Frugal Feb

Post by Maggie1 »

clunie wrote:Make ginger beer again - cheaper and better for you than cola!

Have you tried Ginger Beer with fresh orange juice its lovely. Its got to be Ginger Beer though not ginger ale
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

Hi Clunie, have just read on another post that you are anew laner, so a belated hello and welcome from me, even though we've chatted elsewhere.

I hope you're all feeling better now and you've been able to get the birds cleaned out. We live miles from anywhere too,so I understand the challenges and sympathise - one unplanned journey can blow the budgeting. But you've done as well as you could have done in the face of things, so that's all we can ask of ourselves during FF.

Better luck with the rest of it. How are you getting on?
clunie
Learner Laner

Post by clunie »

Well OH and I are a lot better now - OH is back at work now. Unfortunately my son is still not right, he now has a Urine infection so is on antibiotics from the doctor.

Have been trying to use up some scraps in the house and ensuring that appliances are switched off when not in use. Even son is switching lights off at last! :-D

Still haven't made the ginger beer - perhaps tomorrow!
clunie
Learner Laner

Post by clunie »

Miserly March is going a bit better, apart from son's birthday today. No spending today! Also both ducks are laying and 5 hen eggs today, Spring may be on it's way! )t'