Wool

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
p.penn

Wool

Post by p.penn »

I don't know if any of you use a lot of double knit wool, but there is 15% off style craft wool
HERE until 12th feb, and if you spend £25, free first class postage too. *You have to use code STYLE at the checkout*

I have just ordered a nice selection, as my local wool shop doesn't have such a range of colours. It seems a really useful website for crafters.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: Wool

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Thanks Helen :-D I might have a look later - I need to make some crochet blankets over the next few months, so this will be good :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Could be good for Frugal Feb.
Turn off the heating and get knitting/crocheting a blanket to drape over you to keep warm. The colder it is the more incentive you'll have to knit/crochet quickly to get it finished )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

Still not as cheap as my little Wool Warehouse supplier! :)
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Stylecraft special dk is a really good economy wool - I've crocheted a couple of big blankets in it and the colour choice is amazing. It's very good value.
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
woollychook
Learner Laner

Post by woollychook »

When I'm not foraging in charity shops for wool to knit with for charity I use http://www.kempswoolshop.com and go to their clearance section. It's in the UK and the clearance stuff is cheaper than ebay.