Greetings cards

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
p.penn

Greetings cards

Post by p.penn »

Got such a bargain yesterday in a shop called 'The Card Factory'. I don't know if it is nationwide, but 7 (yes 7) cards for £1. They are made to be sold at that price too as they come in a cellophane wrapper all printed with the price.

All of their stuff is really cheap - holographic christmas gift bags were something like 5 for £1 :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Mad Chick

Re: Greetings cards

Post by Mad Chick »

We've got one of those in Reading )t'

The price of greetings cards is SO ridiculous, especially by time you've put a stamp on the envelope >dowhat<

Paperchase do gorgeous cards and their sales are brilliant. I go in there every sale time and stock up :-D
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yep we have one in Watford, always shop there. So reasonable. )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Yes we have one too )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Up here too Helen . I have been using this shop for a few years now thier slogan is 'IF ITS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS WHY ARE THE OTHERS SO EXPENSIVE ?' sorry didn't mean to shout
You get cute easter things too, bonnets and eggs etc. My only criticism is they hardly end one special occassion before the next begins, they really are selling Christmas cards in September.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Yes we`ve got one as well, get my Chrimble cards there, nice quality.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

It did cross my mind how they manage to sell them for that price. 7 for £1 - wrapped, with envelopes :? It's a bit of a worry really
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Also in past Christmas's they have donated a portion of their sales profit to charity - think it may have been McMillan but not sure.
I think they must get good prices from whoever supplies the stock as they must buy huge amounts .
They do also bring out seasonal stock the next year that wasn't sold the previous year, you see the same design of card front two or three years in a row with new ones added.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful