wanted ASAP

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
barkingmad
Lively Laner

wanted ASAP

Post by barkingmad »

Would anybody to selling a plastic coop in the Northants area.

I have the dreaded red mite again. And its affected me this time so I want to get rid of my wooden coop
mike943
Learner Laner

Re: wanted ASAP

Post by mike943 »

Hello barkingmad,

I don't think it is necessary to get rid of a wooden coop for a plastic one. I have a wooden coop for my girlies and never have problems. I use my garden sprayer and spray periodically with a product called Poultry Shield which seems to kill any bugs of any kind. With the spray it gets in any nooks and crannies. Keep the buk buks out, leave it for a couple of hours or until it is dry. I used it last week on my compost heap cos there were loads of little flies appearing in my winemaking cupboard. They were gone in no time.

Best wishes,

Mike
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi,

If no joy, here's the DTL page with a live feed to second hand Eglu's on ebay......

http://www.downthelane.net/used-eglu-chicken-coops.php

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

If you are unable to find a second hand one have you thought about converting a plastic shed or a garden storage unit that you put wheelie bins in?

I own a cube and a converted plastic shed and it's so easy to clean etc. In the winter you can still hose it down a quick wipe over with an old towel and it's dry.

Hope you find something soon xx
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx