Anyone selling a washing machine or fridge near Wrexham?

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Anyone selling a washing machine or fridge near Wrexham?

Post by Kuikentje »

For first-time home setter-uppers (my son and his girlfriend).

Thanks.
Life's too short to quarrel
Maggie1

Re: Anyone selling a washing machine or fridge near Wrexham?

Post by Maggie1 »

Go to freecycle wrexham. My daughters freezer and stove packed in both at the same time. She went onto freecycle and by that evening she had both free. There is freecycle all over UK. just type freecycle and the town.
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

Thank you, Maggie. Good suggestion. I don't want to use Freecycle though, we can just afford a second-hand one from a private individual or a charity and I think I should leave Freecycle for somebody who can't even manage that. Having said that, a friend has offered me a fridge-freezer for nothing! but that's different, it's a friend.
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

We got rid of a lot of stuff on Freecycle when we was moving, even a caravan. I think a lot of people use it rather than pay the council charge for it to be taken away. But of course you do get the nasties who have stuff and sell on so its a lottery really.
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

Well, we've sourced nearly everything for free! My mum-in-law has this Aladdin's cave of a garage where you can find practically everything you want - and guess what, there was a washing machine in there! It needed connecting tubes for the taps, that's all, which we got this morning, and a new fuse for the plug. A friend who is moving into a house with a fridge left behind by the previous owner is letting me have hers, and a cooker has been donated too. I just spent £40 on a vacuum cleaner from Asda, which I didn't mind at all as we've saved so much on everything else, and I've never found 2nd-hand vacuum cleaners to be very reliable.