Toilet Paper

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Hi

I have got the anthea turner how to be the perfect houswife book, beat that. obviously i don't follow anything the great anthea says , but would like to if i had the time and the inclination, i would love to turn out great meals and be on top of my jobs at home, and have a lovely tidy house,

mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I technically have the time and definitely the inclination but I struggle struggle struggle......... :oops:

Perhaps i need this book????
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Chicken on the Hill
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken on the Hill »

My Gran used to limit us to 2 sheets per 'go', in her outside loo. It was cheap stuff, but you only needed 2 sheets due to its exfoliating properties!!!! :shock:

These days it's whatever is on offer. Myself and my daughter don't use alot, but when my husband comes home, watch that pile diminish. He reckons it's down to a change in the water...
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I was talking to my sister on the phone today and I mentioned this topic. I said that the tissues I use to wipe my constantly cold wet nose on get used again later in the toilet, so they are used twice. She said she does the same. :-D

Ilona
bookbinder
Lively Laner

Post by bookbinder »

As my three children with learning disabilities get bigger the potential for getiting through a container lorry of baby wipes for mouths every day is too scarry.... so, I now use small pieces of towel/flannel which are used once and put to wash. If we are going to be away from home I make a container of wipes using water, a very small ampount of baby bath liquid and a couple of drops of tea tree oil....

Two of the children have very sensitive skin on their faces, the improvement was dramatic when I stopped using disposable wipes...even the unperfumed ones.

I also used to use the washable toweling ones on bottoms ........thankfully only one left in na[ppis now at night so not such an issue.
4 french hens
Longlasting Laner

conundrum

Post by 4 french hens »

If Illona's nose is cold and wet, does she like her tummy rubbed?
Mike
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That is a brilliant idea, bookbinder, those wet wipes in a packet are ok if you only use them very ocassionally and in an emergency if you are out, they are a luxury you don't need. Making your own out of towel offcuts and putting them in a plastic box with a sealed lid is great.

I was horrified to see my friend using the bought ones to clean a giant teddy bear, she used a whole packet, where as I would have put the teddy in the sink and washed it.

I'll make a note of that frugal tip, thanks

Ilona
Last edited by Meanqueen on 05 Oct 2008, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

)ot:

If you ever get wax crayon on your walls or furniture, use a (brand in the blue/green pack not the pink one) baby wipe - it will come right off. You'll have plenty spare cos once you see what it does to crayon, you'll not let it near your kids skin again :shock:

I have noticed that all our loo rolls run out at the same time (3 WCs) but I suspect that this is because my idle family would rather move to a different room than change the roll :?

Still, I think thick, quality stuff goes more slowly but how it works out for price I'm, not sure. I just buy what is on offer :razz:

Efffie
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

I overheard two old ladies talking in a supermarket's loo roll aisle.

One was saying that last time she had bought the recyclable ones and wanted some more.

I nearly fell about laughing - I think she meant recycled paper, not recyclable paper. Yuk!