Frugal cleaning - again

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Stef
Legendary Laner

Frugal cleaning - again

Post by Stef »

Well that was interesting. I am officially out of all of my most used cleaning products.

So I will be scouring the house, all cupboards etc, and looking for stuff to be turned into house sparkling kit.

Old clothes for cleaning cloths. Socks for the bathroom, especially the bath sealant. I need a couple of new facecloths too. I have an old towel and a fleece, so I can have an experiment with those (I am thinking 2 sided, maybe lightly quilted).

I'll need vinegar, an essential oil and maybe some more bicarb.

So I thought I'd take time to have a read round, in case there have been any new things invented since I last looked. I thought I'd post here and make a thread full of frugal cleaning products - they'll be as chemical free as is easily practicable too. I do use bleach but a bottle tends to last about a year!

So, I'll spend a couple of days rooting through the house and reading round the subject then I'll be back... read you all later :-D
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Re: Frugal cleaning - again

Post by rhubarb93 »

I recently bought a new (to me) cooker off ebay, and while it was pretty clean there were a few areas that needed some attention, as did the tiles and floor behind my old cooker :oops:

Remembering stuff I'd read on here and elsewhere, I made a stiff paste of bicarb and applied with a damp rag. Worked like magic and cleaned everything up with just a gentle rub! :-D

Will def use more simple home cleaners in the future - cheap, effective and non-toxic, what more could you want?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Frugal cleaning - again

Post by Richard »

Good for you stef )t'

I haven't finished them yet but there's a few pages on main site 'Other uses for Household Products' which may have a few ideas in..

http://www.downthelane.net/thrifty-tips-household-products.php

Keep up the good work.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome