cashew nuts

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mo
Legendary Laner

cashew nuts

Post by Mo »

My daughter tells me that if you look in the Polish aisle at Ts you can get unsalted cashews in a huge bag for the price of a tiny bag in the rest of the shop. Cunning, you can't find them by searching the website unless you know the Polish name.

If I put "nut" into a translator I get
A ORZECHOWY
N M ORZECH; M ORZESZEK; F G?OWA; M FIO?; F MUTRA; F NAKR?TKA; F ZAKR?TKA; F ?RUBA U SMYCZKA; M DZIWAK; M HERBATNIK

Cashew gives me M  NERKOWIEC;  M  NERKODRZEW

I'll try putting some of that into Ts website see where it gets me.

Nowhere! Might have guessed.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Re: cashew nuts

Post by HedgeHugger »

Not sure what kind of price you were thinking of, but NATCO is a brand of dried fruit and nuts that are in Tescarps, Asd* etc.
They tend to be a little cheaper than most.
chookmike
Longlasting Laner

Post by chookmike »

..and if you look in the World Food aisle you pay a fraction of the cost for black pepper corns and lots of spices compared to the silly little jars in the spice section - ditto rice and various flours etc - anyone with gluten intolerance might want to try flat breads made with gram flour, which is ground chickpea - quite good straight out of the pan but no good a few mins later IMHO. World food aisle also good for soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli sauces etc

Asian stores even cheaper for lots of these sorts of things

Mike
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

I love cashew nuts and shop in that shop every week so will have a look for them next time I am in there )t'
Lyn