Ilona's frugal 2014

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Ilona's frugal 2014

Post by lancashire lass »

Meanqueen wrote:If a new diary starts tomorrow I will stand aside if you don't mind. My blog takes up a lot of my time and it's been difficult to think of something new to write about here. Thank you for reading me, let's get some more frugalers joining in. Happy New Year.

Thank you for posting your entries this year Ilona - you have certainly been an inspiration to lots of people including myself )t' All the best for 2015 from me too
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Ilona's frugal 2014

Post by Meanqueen »

Here's a late entry, which tags onto the changing utilities chat. I've just had my fourth gas and electric bills, now I have totals for the year, less three weeks. From 12 Jan to 23rd Dec, my electricity cost was £89.09. Projected costs for next year are £107.06.

The gas bill was incorrect because they have used the November reading instead of the one taken in December. The four bills total £67.32, I expect about another £15 to be added to this, they are sending an amended bill. Projected costs are not known until the bill arrives, but I estimate about £85. My electricity is always more expensive than the gas.

All in all, it was a good move to change, zero standing charges for a low user, and no penalties for quarterly bills, is the best deal for me.
Ilona