boodles frugal 2014

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: boodles frugal 2014

Post by mrs boodles »

Hi Jackian, yes we are on a water meter, have been since we moved here when the houses were built. We have a water butt for watering in the summer and that saves a bit. We don`t hang around in the shower etc but know that there are other areas we could save on water.

All our banking is done on line, I have had to take over the running of the household and although hubby was away a lot when in Army knew I could hand the reins over to him when he came home. He isn`t able to do that sort of stuff now so I just get on with it. Trouble is , one thing gets sorted and something else pops up. but never mind that's life.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Just plodding along at the present, had two no spend days and after a visit to dentist tomorrow intend to stay a home till weekend. Did a big monthly shop today, basic stuff. No meat as plenty in freezer. Menu plan done up until next Wednesday.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

All being frugal gone a bit to pot since last Wednesday as daughter down to see us, hubbys birthday and meal out for it, helped her with petrol and bought her a new cookbook. I don`t begrudge it all at all as had saved for it all. We will be back to being careful after tomorrow as she goes home. Definitely got to get back to menu plans for the weeks and get this freezer food down.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Well that's what 'frugal' is all about - having a bit put by so that you can spend. The other way would be 'mean'. Glad you enjoyed the weekend.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Quite disciplined this week, made a menu plan and sticking to it, most of meals have been made from what is in freezer, all from scratch. No wastage with them and anything left over gets used next day.
Today, Thursday is my 4th no spend day and hoping to make it to Saturday when I will have to go into town as need to get my shoes (canvas type ones costing about £5) for spring and summer. Usually buy a couple of pairs and when they get really scruffy they get used for gardening so get good use out of them.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Just looked in on my diary for 2014 and quite surprised that I had posted in March as life was changing quite dramatically. I haven`t posted since because of how my life situation changed but hoping that we will be having frugal diaries for 2015 as I am up for getting my head round life even though it has changed so much.